Buy and sell Great Lakes related items
Brian Ferguson

Re: George A. Sloan life ring

Unread post by Brian Ferguson »

Price drop- $110
Brian Ferguson

George A. Sloan life ring

Unread post by Brian Ferguson »

$125 This item is an authentic life ring off US Steel Great Lakes Fleet's former self-unloading bulk freighter M/V George A. Sloan. This life ring dates from the early to mid 1980's. It's 30" is diameter. The ring's internal structure is undamaged and the straps and rigging are intact. The letters are still bright and legible. There is some gray paint on the ring visible in the 7-o-clock position. Paint overspray isn't uncommon and matches the gray color the Sloan was wearing from the mid 60's to the mid 1980's consider this freighter patina. There is a shallow tear in the cover (see picture) this is an older ring not the hard shell rings that are used today. Shipping to the continental US and Eastern Canada only. Shipping is going to be quoted a little high due to the usual shape is size of this item. If there is a substantial difference in the quoted shipping and the actual final cost I will refund the difference. UPS quotes are from $20-$40 depending on location. If you're located in Mid-Michigan (Lower Peninsula) local pick up may be available at the sellers digression.

Contact me at [email protected] first e mail takes it. If they back out the next takes it. I'll let you now where you are in the order.
Pay Pal is the easiest pay, will take a money order or cash.
Attachments
Ringsloan2.jpeg
RingSloan1.jpeg