Howard Sprague Famous Whaleback Painting

Buy and sell Great Lakes related items
Ken Niemi

Re: Howard Sprague Famous Whaleback Painting

Unread post by Ken Niemi »

Andy, drop me a line at reissrecollectionsathotmaildotcom Can't believe that was not included in this ad. Ken
AGV

Re: Howard Sprague Famous Whaleback Painting

Unread post by AGV »

Hi - I am interested in your print - do you have a e-mail or contact number

Thank you,
andy
Reiss Recollections

Howard Sprague Famous Whaleback Painting

Unread post by Reiss Recollections »

Offered is a vintage domed-glass framed print of the inaugural painting of the first iron ore dock built in Duluth in 1893 by Great Lakes artist Howard Sprague. Numerous prints of his famous painting have been done in a variety of sizes over the years since then. I do not know when or by whom this was framed, but assume it is quite old. The colors are very vivid and there are no scratches or chips in the domed-glass that protects it. The frame is also in remarkable condition for its age. Do some research on the artist, this painting and the vessels he chose to include in the foreground and background of the dock (Whaleback James B. Colgate (1892), Steamer Samuel Mitchell (1892) and Inman Line Tug, Buffalo (1887). The frame measures 24" wide by 16" tall at the top of the arched frame, while the viewing area of the print measures 19" X 11"
$450 OBO and seller pays for shipping. Payment through PayPal, bank check or cash on pick-up, if so desired. If it has not sold by June 13th, it will be available for viewing at the Annual Lake Huron Lore Maritime Flea Market at the Riverview Plaza Mall in St. Clair from 9 am to 3 pm.
Attachments
IMG_1216.jpg
IMG_1217.jpg
IMG_1218.jpg
IMG_1220.jpg