St. Clair River Floatdown News and Updates

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

St. Clair River Floatdown News and Updates

Unread post by Denny »

Well it is that time of year once again. Time for the yearly and also the annual St. Clair River Floatdown. Anyone have any news and or updates from the 2016 Floatdown that they would be willing to share on here? I remember that they have had issues in the past with the Floatdown and a few have even suggested to have the event cancelled all together. Not sure if it was last year or maybe two years ago they were some that were caught drinking if I am correct and one year a person drowned and later died and they did recover the body in the river a few days after the event took place. Not trying to sound negative here folks, just stating what I thought at least I had read and heard from past years of having this event. Also, I think they shut down the river for several hours as far as with the ship traffic and no vessels are allowed through while the event is taking place correct? This I would imagine must drive the companies and their customers crazy all that time sitting and also waiting for them to have this event every year. Maybe it is not as bad as I am making it out to be sorry to say that. Again if anyone has any information or updates on the 2016 Floatdown could they please post and provide it here or on the News Page and Photos as well? Thanks in advance for any information updates and photos.