Roger Blough

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Bookworm

Re: Roger Blough

Unread post by Bookworm »

Blough is just entering Poe Lock (15:45/3:45 p.m.) after waiting for CSL Assiniboine and G3 Marquis to lock up-bound. Traffic congestion makes all the difference in getting through the Locks quickly. Lee A. Tregurtha is still waiting her turn.
Duluthian

Unread post by Duluthian »

AIS shows the Blough waiting to enter the Poe Lock now. It weighed anchor shortly after the Assiniboine continued its journey downbound. Given the timing of it all, I am still betting that it was a delay related to lock traffic.
mcnearney

Unread post by mcnearney »

We just returned from watching the Blough off Bay Mills Indian Res. and they were anchored there for along time. I think too long to be waiting for a lock. We watched it for way over one hour.
Rob

Unread post by Rob »

Did anyone get in trouble/lose their job for that grounding? Any news on a cause? How much damage?
Duluthian

Unread post by Duluthian »

The Great Republic and the CSL Assiniboine are currently lined up to use the Poe Lock to continue their downbound journeys. I suspect that the Blough was asked to take a delay until the Assiniboine enters the lock.
standuffer

Roger Blough

Unread post by standuffer »

I noticed on AIS that the Blough seems to be anchored in Whitefish Bay near her grounding site. What's going on out there, perhaps a nostalgic layover?