GLF

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: GLF

Unread post by Guest »

cpfan wrote:
Of the boats I follow, on any given day, 25% might be on AIS, started about end of sept. when I noticed it, Because of my log, I can find them on marinetraffic, and or vessel search. or my other search engine. I thought that I just happened to pick, the lucky ones, but it is true, some dont show on ais, and it is not the known dead areas.. then other days they do show up on Ais.
Marine Traffic, etc are all AIS sites. Do you mean that they don't show up on the Boatnerd AIS page?

If you are going to monitor ships online, you need to use several sites. On my PC, I use Marine Traffic, Boatnerd, the Seaway pages (map & schedule), and Vessel Finder. There are other pages such as Siitech and Ship Spotting. Even then, there are still blank areas.

You say "not the known dead areas". Can you be more specific?

Steve[/quote]

AIS I do mean B/N ais, (bad habit)

dead spots are too numerous to name, just this morning the Boland and Block were no wheres to be seen, on B/N or M'T, Block is at detour now.....
dead areas, out from Toledo, down the upper lower pen, shore line, of mich, area either side of milwaukee, to name a couple....... I think the boland and block were cancelling each other out..........
8 th year of tracking for a hobby
P S. some times on M T, I have to go right down to full screen to get a reading. I do so, cause my log tells me where a boat should be.
cpfan

Unread post by cpfan »

Guest wrote:
Of the boats I follow, on any given day, 25% might be on AIS, started about end of sept. when I noticed it, Because of my log, I can find them on marinetraffic, and or vessel search. or my other search engine. I thought that I just happened to pick, the lucky ones, but it is true, some dont show on ais, and it is not the known dead areas.. then other days they do show up on Ais.
Marine Traffic, etc are all AIS sites. Do you mean that they don't show up on the Boatnerd AIS page?

If you are going to monitor ships online, you need to use several sites. On my PC, I use Marine Traffic, Boatnerd, the Seaway pages (map & schedule), and Vessel Finder. There are other pages such as Siitech and Ship Spotting. Even then, there are still blank areas.

You say "not the known dead areas". Can you be more specific?

Steve

Unread post by Guest »

garbear wrote:I just checked marinetraffic.com AIS and they're all showing up for me.
Of the boats I follow, on any given day, 25% might be on AIS, started about end of sept. when I noticed it, Because of my log, I can find them on marinetraffic, and or vessel search. or my other search engine. I thought that I just happened to pick, the lucky ones, but it is true, some dont show on ais, and it is not the known dead areas......... then other days they do show up on Ais.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

I just checked marinetraffic.com AIS and they're all showing up for me.
scout

GLF

Unread post by scout »

anyone know whats up with the GLF? i cant seem to find most of them on AIS. thanks in advance for any info reported