Return to Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Online
Discussion Boards
Please click to visit our sponsor
It is currently September 21, 2017, 3:29 am

FAQ | Instructions | Help
Search for:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Photo Collection
Unread postPosted: June 25, 2017, 9:56 pm 
The Epson V550 scanner is a very nice unit and is easy to work with although I am only working on slides right now. It does have capabilities to do prints and negatives. I always use "professional mode" with "dust removal selected. From there after scan is completed I will do a colour restoration if fading is apparent. Good luck Gearbear and have fun.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: June 25, 2017, 8:03 pm 
garbear wrote:
See if I can get this to work.

Garbear,

I would be greatly interested in lending any hand of technical assistance to help with getting these out of a box and online for the world to see. At any time if you need to: thelostfaith@gmail.com

Report this post

Unread postPosted: June 25, 2017, 8:00 pm 
I'd say it's a success Garbear! Nice to see that classic boat! Please keep posting more pictures.

Thanks,

Alex

Report this post

Unread postPosted: June 25, 2017, 7:24 pm 
One down and 2999 to go - you can do it and we are looking forward to it..

Report this post

Unread postPosted: June 25, 2017, 5:32 pm 
garbear wrote:

From time to time I'll post some of my favorite photos. I just wanted to see if I could use my scanner. My daughter and son-in-law were in town and got it set up for me. Next time I'll start with some photos of from the early 70's and work my way up.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: June 25, 2017, 4:51 pm 

Attachments:
File comment: Canadian Provider, Summer of 2000, Harvest States, Superior.
img002.jpg
img002.jpg [ 290.81 KiB | Viewed 1404 times ]
Report this post

Unread postPosted: April 25, 2017, 8:11 pm 
An Epson V550 scanner is a decent unit for scanning photos, slides, and negatives. It comes complete with the necessary software and the plastic mounts needed to scan up to four slides at a time. It is listed on the Walmart website for $199.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: April 25, 2017, 6:24 pm 
I'm going to order a scanner this weekend. Talked to my son and decided that was the way to go. I worked at Target and retired from there so I still get my employee discount.
By the way, I have roughly 3000 photos.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: April 25, 2017, 5:22 pm 
Darryl wrote:
Shyster? What about if you have old slides? I got about 150 maybe from the lakes circa 1972 - 1975. Do you put slides on a scanner or is it more complicated? TIA

A Cannon 9000 Mark II is a nice scanner that can create images from prints, slides, and negatives very easily with good results. I picked one up a year ago for about $130. I had some unused credit rebates so I think the actual cost would probably be closer to $200.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: April 25, 2017, 2:47 pm 
Shyster? What about if you have old slides? I got about 150 maybe from the lakes circa 1972 - 1975. Do you put slides on a scanner or is it more complicated? TIA

Report this post

Unread postPosted: April 25, 2017, 2:25 pm 
shystr wrote:
Somebody you know has a scanner. It's easy. You pick one or three or ten of your favorites. Slap one-at-a-time face down on the scanner. Select "JPEG" format. Run it. It creates a JPEG file with a unique name. Which you can then post on Boatnerd. Or Facebook. Or send to one of your buddies via an e-mail. Your son can probably show you. It's easier than changing your oil.

I've got a new pair of shoes on order and when they come in I'll stop
at First Photo that's right next door. Guess I could get my own photo scanner. I'll see how things go.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: April 25, 2017, 2:00 pm 
Matt wrote:
garbear, Did you know Dick Fish, he was bosun on the Parney?

I did not know him. I do remember hearing the name.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: April 25, 2017, 1:35 pm 
garbear, Did you know Dick Fish, he was bosun on the Parney?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: April 25, 2017, 12:59 pm 
I started sailing in 1956, got on the Henry C Frick in 1957 and got off the Gov. Miller as a wheelsman in 1970. Went with the Corps of Eng out of Jacksonville Fl as a quartermaster on the Dredge Hyde and retired off the Dredge Wheeler as a 2nd Mate Oceans out of New Orleans in 1996.. Always looked back at my time on the Lakes with fond memories.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: April 25, 2017, 11:28 am 
Somebody you know has a scanner. It's easy. You pick one or three or ten of your favorites. Slap one-at-a-time face down on the scanner. Select "JPEG" format. Run it. It creates a JPEG file with a unique name. Which you can then post on Boatnerd. Or Facebook. Or send to one of your buddies via an e-mail. Your son can probably show you. It's easier than changing your oil.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next