Stairways in Tugs

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Greenshirt

Re: Stairways in Tugs

Unread post by Greenshirt »

Cleveland guest wrote:I believe that the lower pilothouse on the Victory was converted into staterooms.

Correct, the defiance maintains its lower pilothouse.
Cleveland guest

Unread post by Cleveland guest »

I believe that the lower pilothouse on the Victory was converted into staterooms.
Greenshirt

Unread post by Greenshirt »

EmilyR wrote:As I was watching an ATB Victory/James L.Kuber going upbound at Mission Point in Sault Ste.Marie, I noticed that on the tug there is an outside ladder going to the pilot house. I was wondering if there is an inside stairway as well? TIA

EmilyR
Yes. It's a spiral staircase and sucks when you forget something in the lower pilothouse. I wouldn't bet my life on the ladder on the outside. Same with the defiance. The Ken Boothe has a much larger stack going up as so does the Dorothy ann.53
EmilyR

Stairways in Tugs

Unread post by EmilyR »

As I was watching an ATB Victory/James L.Kuber going upbound at Mission Point in Sault Ste.Marie, I noticed that on the tug there is an outside ladder going to the pilot house. I was wondering if there is an inside stairway as well? TIA

EmilyR