AM Spirit Calcite load

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: AM Spirit Calcite load

Unread post by Denny »

They were supposed to have arrived back in Calcite this Tuesday in the early evening hours to load according to their AIS from the Marine Traffic website. Just wonder where this load will be headed to as they have in the past taken stone to Ashtabula and so far the first load went I guess to both Buffington and also to Burns Harbor?
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

On the Friends of Know Your Ships Facebook page there is a photo of the American Spirit in Burns Harbor. She was definitely unloading in the photo.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

This may help as I have it written down in my "log book" from the Marine Traffic website. She arrived in Calcite on May 11 at 1149 and cleared on May 12 at 2008 her ETA for Buffington was May 14 at 0700 however, today she was in Burns Harbor so I don't know then if she might have had a split load perhaps unloaded half of it in Buffington and then went over to Burns Harbor to finish it up or if it is something else? Anyway, hope that this information helps.

AM Spirit Calcite load

Unread post by Guest »

How long did it take them to load the stone they recently took to Buffington? I don't envy that deck crew at all. That had to be a long day/night of shifting and moving wires. Any dock with a single fixed loader is a ton of work.