Jean C

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
cpfan

Re: Jean C

Unread post by cpfan »

ivan wrote:is this vessel docked below lock one on the welland canal ? I believe it is owned by cooper marine the same outfit that runs the pilot boats in port weller and port colborne but then again I could be wrong
The supply boat docked below Lock 1 is the Wilson T Cooper.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 583&type=3

Steve

Unread post by GUEST »

The Jean C . is a tug owned now by Marine Tech out of Duluth and is working on a dock job on Raspberry Island.

Unread post by Guest »

ivan wrote:is this vessel docked below lock one on the welland canal ? I believe it is owned by cooper marine the same outfit that runs the pilot boats in port weller and port colborne but then again I could be wrong
No. She is currently docked in Washburn, WI.

Unread post by Guest »

William Lafferty wrote:I don't know of a "supply vessel" named that, but Marine Tech at Duluth runs the old Army ST tug Jean C, built 1944 by Equitable Equipment Company at Madisonville, Louisiana, in 1944. It was Heritage's Edward H. and the Corps of Engineers' Forney before that, acquiring it from the Army in 1960.
This is the one I was referring to. According to the AIS she was in the Apostle Islands just off Basswood this morning. It looks like she is docked in Washburn currently.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

ivan

Unread post by ivan »

is this vessel docked below lock one on the welland canal ? I believe it is owned by cooper marine the same outfit that runs the pilot boats in port weller and port colborne but then again I could be wrong
William Lafferty

Unread post by William Lafferty »

I don't know of a "supply vessel" named that, but Marine Tech at Duluth runs the old Army ST tug Jean C, built 1944 by Equitable Equipment Company at Madisonville, Louisiana, in 1944. It was Heritage's Edward H. and the Corps of Engineers' Forney before that, acquiring it from the Army in 1960.

Jean C

Unread post by Guest »

Does anyone have any information on the supply vessel Jean C? Where is this vessel based? What type of supplies does it supply and to who? She looks like a tug, so I am guessing this vessel has a history.