John J. Boland

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: John J. Boland

Unread post by Guest »

John J. Boland. Port Gypsum, Tawas City, Mi. circa 1996
Attachments
Scan.bmp.jpg
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

That though would've been the third John J. Boland which now sails today as the Saginaw! The current John J. Boland which sailed as the Charles E. Wilson until January 2000 "Never visited Port Gypsum and the East Tawas gypsum dock areas!"
Zeek 92

Unread post by Zeek 92 »

John J. Boland circa 1996, Tawas, Mi. Port Gypsum

Unread post by Guest »

Denny were do you get your info from
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Great and Excellent photos bookworm and you were rewarded by a rare and first time ever visit by the Boland. Really enjoy looking at your photos Bookworm. Hope that everything is going well for you and your son as I pray and think about you both often. Keep up the good work with your photos and sending them in. God Bless you and your son Bookworm and keep the faith and enjoy the summer also.
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

It was a challenge finding the gypsum dock, but well worth it!
Attachments
South of Tawas City, MI, in a far corner of mostly residential lakefront property.
South of Tawas City, MI, in a far corner of mostly residential lakefront property.
So good to see a freighter this close again!
So good to see a freighter this close again!
garbear

John J. Boland

Unread post by garbear »

I was just looking at the AIS map and I see the Boland went into Port Gypsum. I know last year the Laud went in there several times for Waukegan, but the first I've seen the Boland go in there