P.H. Webcam frustration

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: P.H. Webcam frustration

Unread post by Denny »

Just tried it on my basement computer which has Windows 10 and at first I got a pop up about the site uses Java but, after I clicked on a few things I was able to get the camera to work fine for me. Have yet to try it though on my upstairs computer which uses the Windows 8 format so hopefully the camera will work fine on that and Oh Yeah, forgot about my I-pad as well which I still have to see if it works on that as well. Hope this helps and Good Luck all.

Unread post by Guest »

I also have Java related problems trying to access the site (using the link listed below) using Microsoft Internet Explorer under Windows 10.

BUT, I have no problem accessing it using the Google Chrome web browser on the same PC (it also works fine in Firefox).

Why not just install Google Chrome (it's free)? You don't have to set and use it as your default browser if you don't want, but I believe most people are doing so these days (2017).

Expecting one web browser to be able to access every site flawlessly is a bit of a stretch, that's why I have ~8 installed at any given time.
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

Thanks for trying but my Java settings -- despite this site being noted as an exception -- will not allow access.
hugh3

Unread post by hugh3 »

Just accessed cam on this : http://www.porthuron.org/AVRiverCam.aspx

Unread post by guest »

Seems to be working fine for me. Just watched the Calumet and Spruceglen pass by downbound.
BigRiver

Unread post by BigRiver »

Do not adjust your set. The cam is down, probably long term.
Bookworm

P.H. Webcam frustration

Unread post by Bookworm »

Ever since installing Windows 10, I cannot access the Port Huron web cam. I've reset Java security, but even though the address is allowed, I get the "blocked for security reasons" message.
What else can I do?
Personally, I'd like to see a web cam system like at the Dossin Museum or at Two Harbors and the Duluth area.