Algoma Guardian

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Bruno

Re: Algoma Guardian

Unread post by Bruno »

Contrecoeur used to get the messy DRI powder before from Point Lisas, Trinidad. Hopefully the pellets are cleaner to transport. What a mess this product made on the ship and everything around it. Fednav used to put tarps on the facade of the accommodations when loading the stuff, terrible.
On top of it , it can self-ignite when in a humid environment...
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Guest wrote:That's a load of DRI pellets being shipped from Silver Bay to Contrecoeur, they will be used there at the ArcelorMittal plant. There will be additional shipments this season, but I am unsure how many.
Thanks for the info.

Unread post by Guest »

That's a load of DRI pellets being shipped from Silver Bay to Contrecoeur, they will be used there at the ArcelorMittal plant. There will be additional shipments this season, but I am unsure how many.
garbear

Algoma Guardian

Unread post by garbear »

I was just checking the destination of the Algoma Guardian after it departed Northshore Mining in Silver Bay this p.m. She shows a destination of Contrecoeur. First time I think I've seen a pellet cargo leave the Twin Ports/North Shore for that destination. I know it would be going to ArcelorMittal there. All the other pellet cargoes that I've seen leave here by Algoma boats have gone to either Hamilton(ArcelorMittal) or Quebec City for overseas transshipment.