American Mariner

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: American Mariner

Unread post by Guest »

American Mariner is in the Welland Canal now.

Mark

Unread post by Guest »

Pazzo wrote:I'm sure glad someone else noticed that, Gar. I caught it on AIS and thought.. hmm, that's a new one! Hopefully, someone shares a little inside information on this destination and whether it's a one of a kind
for ASC or part of a series.
They did a whole bunch of those runs last year, as well. Hopefully more of those trips will be forthcoming.
Pazzo

Unread post by Pazzo »

I'm sure glad someone else noticed that, Gar. I caught it on AIS and thought... hmm, that's a new one! Hopefully, someone shares a little inside information on this destination and whether it's a one of a kind
for ASC or part of a series.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Just checked the AIS destination on the American Mariner and it's saying "Quebec".
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

The H. Lee White is due here in the Twin Ports sometime today to discharge limestone at Graymont, then load coal for Graymont. Then she's scheduled to load pellets at Northshore Mining. No ETA because very strong East winds on this end of the Lake. Earlier this morning she was SW of Silver Bay, now NE of Silver Bay, but now looks like she's heading toward the Twin Ports.
JohnH

Unread post by JohnH »

Here you can see the various docks that the American Mariner stopped at Wednesday.
Attachments
AmMariner-6PM.jpg
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

If I counted correctly they only took on one load of coal. They are now loading at BNSF #5 on a rainy,windy late afternoon here in the Twin Ports.
Rob W

Unread post by Rob W »

Wow! That would have to be close to a record for a 24 hour period!! To unload, load, unload, load and unload half the last load in that time is pretty amazing. Let us know if they pull it off!

Rob W
garbear

American Mariner

Unread post by garbear »

This makes for a busy day.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Duluth
American Mariner Expected to arrive Duluth at 03:00 for Graymont Superior plant to discharge limestone . Shifting to SMET 8/15/c.10:00 to load coal. Shifting to Graymont 8/15/c.13:00 to discharge coal. Shifting to SMET 8/15/c.19:00 to load coal. Shifting to Graymont 8/15/c.21:00 to discharge coal. Shifting to BNSF 8/16/c.03:00 to load iron ore pellets.

Have to see if it happens.