Townsend Tow

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
RobfromGR

Re: Townsend Tow

Unread post by RobfromGR »

I got an update for you. The Townsend and tug is eastbound just past the bridge saw the tow from Wilderness State Park and from Old Mackinaw Point passing the Evans Spirit. Will post pictures if they're any good (camera phone). At the speed they were going they should be passing Cheboygan in a little over an hour and a half.

Unread post by Guest »

Off Manistee 8knts, 15 degrees, the upbound Phillip Clarke passed to the east. Slightly more than silhouettes at it's distance from shore but for a few minutes the sun broke through the clouds and the unmistakable ILT paint cut through the dreary fall-like conditions like a beacon saying goodbye to this stretch of Lake Michigan for the last time.

Unread post by Guest »

Clear of Big Sable moving at 8k once she's north of Manistee I'm handing over the tracking.

Unread post by Guest »

Clear of little Sable, nearing Pentwater chugging along at 7knts. Intermittent down pours between Big Sable and Point Betsie, hoping she's close enough to shore and there's still light when she passes Manistee sometime after 7:30pm.

Unread post by Guest »

11:30 Tow is almost abreast of White Lake/Wabningo
Mr Link

Unread post by Mr Link »

Denny, The lead tug is reported to be the Barbara Andrie. I just hope it isn't a one way voyage for the tug as well.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks for that update folks. Can anyone please tell me as to what tug or tugs will be doing the tow of the Townsend as I am hoping to try and track them on AIS as far as Marine Traffic as that is the main go to website now for me as far as AIS tracking. Right now I am so busy with my Mom's stuff that I just can't find much free and spare time for boat stuff and tracking this stuff like I used to. Anyone that can help this boatnerd is very much appreciated for your help, time and efforts. Thanks very much in advance for this.

Townsend Tow

Unread post by Guest »

Facebook is reporting that the Paul H. Townsend, long idle of the ILM fleet at the Mart Dock in Muskegon, will be towed starting tomorrow to Canada for scrapping. Probably Port Colbourne.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/VisitMuskegon/ ... oup_dialog