9 & 10 News Skycams

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: 9 & 10 News Skycams

Unread post by guest »

http://www.9and10news.com/weather/live- ... marie-cam/

Gotta love modern tech!

Note to original poster guest: The link you originally provided was broken. Moderator replaced it with the one above.
ashland69

Unread post by ashland69 »

I'm using Chrome and it works fine for me. Only problem I've had is the eight-legged critter that lives on/near the camera! Creepy!!
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

Since my post a few minutes ago, trying to watch LAT enter the Poe Lock was like taking the "clicker test" for glaucoma. The image would be on the screen for anywhere from 1 to 30 seconds and then it would go blank and I'd have to refresh it. This is the way it always is for me.
Also, I cannot use the zoom on the Dossin cam. It drops to the bottom of the scale and will not move until someone else takes control.
On the Harbor Beach cam, I cannot move the camera to the right or left but can follow a ship only where the camera was last focused.
I think it has to do with the message "This device is being used in another location," which is scary since the computer is in my home and no others are authorized to access it from anywhere, including here!
Bookworm

When you are watching the 9 & 10 Skycams, are they open until you close them or do they close and you have to continually refresh/reopen them?

Unread post by guest »

Thank you for the suggestion to change browsers. It worked .
I am able to see the locks using Goggle Chrome. However, both M/S Edge and IE 11 still do not get past the black screen. Everything else loads up, but it stops there. Thanks again.
Bookworm

garbear wrote:
Bookworm wrote:OK, garbear, what's your secret?
This is the link: http://dev-9and10news.pantheonsite.io/w ... marie-cam/
Is it the one you're using?
I just clicked on it and it's working fine for me. It must be those boyish George Clooney good looks:)
Apparently! Actually, I'm having issues with my computer possibly having been hi-jacked. I'm the only one with physical access to it but settings have been changed in several programs and I don't have technical skills to know how to return them to my original ones. Two local computer companies I took it to only made things worse.
Paul A

Unread post by Paul A »

Try using a different browser Bookworm. They all have their kwerks and I have several on hand for when weird things happen.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Bookworm wrote:OK, garbear, what's your secret?
I just clicked on it and it's working fine for me. It must be those boyish George Clooney good looks:)
Bookworm

OK, garbear, what's your secret?
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

guest wrote:I am still unable to view the webcam. It loads but stays as a black screen.
Still working for me fine in Duluth.

Unread post by guest »

I am still unable to view the webcam. It loads but stays as a black screen.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Bookworm wrote:Apparently there have been major changes with the Skycams. Now my bookmarked link goes nowhere and when I found the 9 & 10 News site it was an entirely new format. At the bottom there is a Skycam link and clicking on brought up the familiar black screen with Karl's Cuisine Café banner, but it would not complete loading. Maybe a work in progress? I sure hope so. My boat watching experiences would be in dire straits without the Soo Cam!
I tried it this a.m. Working fine for me in Duluth.
Bookworm

9 & 10 News Skycams

Apparently there have been major changes with the Skycams. Now my bookmarked link goes nowhere and when I found the 9 & 10 News site it was an entirely new format. At the bottom there is a Skycam link and clicking on brought up the familiar black screen with Karl's Cuisine Café banner, but it would not complete loading. Maybe a work in progress? I sure hope so. My boat watching experiences would be in dire straits without the Soo Cam!