MERC Coal Loads

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
CF620

Re: MERC Coal Loads

Unread post by CF620 »

Going to Alpena
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

garbear wrote:
Denny wrote:Thanks for that information garbear much appreciated. So I wonder why then on the MERC website they just don't list it as Bath then for their destination instead of Phillips 66? As I mentioned before on the Great Republic's load, I would almost have to say they are taking that load to Manistee as most of their coal trips have gone there before.
You're very welcome Denny. It will be interesting to see where the Great Republic's load ends up. Manistee would be the best guess.
See the Great Republic has a destination of Alpena. Probably one of the first, if not the first load, out of MERC for Alpena.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Hey garbear just checked out the MERC website and surprise on the Great Republic's coal load as they are going to Alpena to unload their cargo. Wonder then if this may be some new trade routes now that MERC may be trying out with the Algoma Transport to Bath and now the Great Republic to Alpena? It will be interesting to see if anymore surprise loads pop up on the MERC website. Noticed to that MERC now has updated their website with Bath for the Algoma Transport and Alpena for the Great Republic's destination. At least they are not showing Phillips 66 as they did previously. Thanks again for all of your help and information as I appreciate it. You take good care my friend.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:Thanks for that information garbear much appreciated. So I wonder why then on the MERC website they just don't list it as Bath then for their destination instead of Phillips 66? As I mentioned before on the Great Republic's load, I would almost have to say they are taking that load to Manistee as most of their coal trips have gone there before.
You're very welcome Denny. It will be interesting to see where the Great Republic's load ends up. Manistee would be the best guess.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks for that information garbear much appreciated. So I wonder why then on the MERC website they just don't list it as Bath then for their destination instead of Phillips 66? As I mentioned before on the Great Republic's load, I would almost have to say they are taking that load to Manistee as most of their coal trips have gone there before.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:Thanks for that update garbear as I've been out of synch since my Mom's funeral as I haven't even had time to read the boatnerd news on here like I used to! As for the Algoma Transport and her load of coal from MERC, being that she is Canadian flagged and loading from a U.S. port I have to believe that she will be taking this load more than likely to a Canadian port possibly Hamilton? I don't think they are taking many coal loads to Nanticoke at least from Superior or out of Thunder Bay unless something changes! Should be interesting to see and find out where this load is headed to. As for the Republic and her load, I would guess that she will be taking that load of coal over to Manistee as most of her coal loads from MERC have gone over to Manistee. Guess we will have to wait and see on these two loads!
See the Algoma Transport is taking her load to the Bath, Ontario area.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks for that update garbear as I've been out of synch since my Mom's funeral as I haven't even had time to read the boatnerd news on here like I used to! As for the Algoma Transport and her load of coal from MERC, being that she is Canadian flagged and loading from a U.S. port I have to believe that she will be taking this load more than likely to a Canadian port possibly Hamilton? I don't think they are taking many coal loads to Nanticoke at least from Superior or out of Thunder Bay unless something changes! Should be interesting to see and find out where this load is headed to. As for the Republic and her load, I would guess that she will be taking that load of coal over to Manistee as most of her coal loads from MERC have gone over to Manistee. Guess we will have to wait and see on these two loads!
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

I was looking at the schedule again and it looks like the Algoma Transport and Great Republic are both loading pet coke. I don't know if I've seen that for a cargo loaded there before.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:Noticed this morning on the Duluth Shippng News' website that the Algoma Transport arrived at the Midwest Energy Coal Terminal to load coal. Very surprised to see that one as I have not seen hardly any Canadian vessels that I am aware of loading coal from that dock this season! I thought that they were all done loading coal and shipping out on Canadian lakers at least for this season. So my question regarding the Algoma Transport is "Where then will they be taking this load to?" On the MERC website they list a destination of Phillips 66 on September 8th at 2325 with no further details on their destination. Also a little off subject but, I also see on the MERC website that the Great Republic is also expected to arrive at the MERC Dock on September 5th at 0100 and they will also load for Phillips 66 and due there on September 7th at 0015. Where will the Great Republic be taking this load to if anyone knows of any destinations? Any information is appreciated and sorry for so many questions just curious is all. Thanks for any info and help on this.
I had posted the Phillips 66 question in a post on Aug. 29th. I do believe this is the first Canadian laker of the season loading at MERC.
Denny

MERC Coal Loads

Unread post by Denny »

Noticed this morning on the Duluth Shippng News' website that the Algoma Transport arrived at the Midwest Energy Coal Terminal to load coal. Very surprised to see that one as I have not seen hardly any Canadian vessels that I am aware of loading coal from that dock this season! I thought that they were all done loading coal and shipping out on Canadian lakers at least for this season. So my question regarding the Algoma Transport is "Where then will they be taking this load to?" On the MERC website they list a destination of Phillips 66 on September 8th at 2325 with no further details on their destination. Also a little off subject but, I also see on the MERC website that the Great Republic is also expected to arrive at the MERC Dock on September 5th at 0100 and they will also load for Phillips 66 and due there on September 7th at 0015. Where will the Great Republic be taking this load to if anyone knows of any destinations? Any information is appreciated and sorry for so many questions just curious is all. Thanks for any info and help on this.