Screen Shots

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
garbear

Re: Screen Shots

Unread post by garbear »

14 screen shots from duluthharborcam.com posted on KYS Facebook at one time. That's what I call overkill.

Re: Screen Shots

Unread post by Guest »

I only use that site to view the boats that are out of my reach. I always prefer to go find them in real life when they come to my area and get photos of course. It's much more rewarding and the spectacle is much more impressive in person.
garbear

Screen Shots

Unread post by garbear »

Being 65 I've never caught up with the digital/electronic/internet age, which is fine. Could someone explain the use of screen shots on the various boat sites? I've seen upwards of 25 shots a day by the same person. Screen shots by people who don't live in the area and have never visited here. I don't see it being a talent to do it. I guess having been a guy who went out and got his own photos for 40 yrs. or who got them from Wendell Wilke, Jim Hoffman, and the late Ralph K. Roberts, I don't understand. Most of the shots are off the duluthharborcam.com site. My feeling is that if you want to see the boat, go on the site. You don't need a bunch of, in some cases, blurry shots. Sorry for the rant, but being an old codger I don't see the point. Not a shot at any real photographers out there.