Return to Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Online
Discussion Boards
Please click to visit our sponsor
It is currently February 21, 2018, 8:15 pm

FAQ | Instructions | Help
Search for:

Post subject: Re: My Sea Stories is out.
Unread postPosted: November 14, 2017, 1:01 pm 
Thankyou Captain Metz for putting your stories to print! I ordered my copy of Sea Stories through my Barnes and Noble account and received it in a week.
I just finished reading it cover to cover, and re-read a few spots for good measure.. Truly engaging and of course entertaining.. lots of good chuckles along the way.
I was delighted to see the story about Oakglen (1) including your Chief engineer Ralph Morris! I met Ralph in the 1990s at an antique tractor, threshing, and steam engine show in Blyth Ontario where he used to display his collection of whistles. he was quite a character! Since I am a Farm Equipment mechanic, and collector and historian of all things International Harvester, I have special interest in the Oakglen, being it sailed as The International from '34 to '77. I have been able to get some original drawings and plan on making a large scale model in the near future.
Thanks again!!
Darryn.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: October 30, 2017, 4:00 pm 
Captain Metz just sent me a message the other day that my copy is on its way in the mail and should be arriving sometime this week. Very much looking forward to receiving it from him when it arrives.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: October 30, 2017, 11:26 am 

Guest wrote:
GuestfromEU wrote:
Brett -

I received an email from Amazon stating the pre-order was cancelled and the book will not be published for Kindle users.

Weird. I preordered a physical copy(Canadian Amazon) and have since gotten mine. I was gonna get the Ebook, but I didn't feel like having to deal with the hassle of the Kindle app.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've been emailing our crew to try to figure out what was going on. Here's what I have to report: The e-book should be available in about a week. We had to resubmit the files to the e-book services. Our apologies for the delay, and thanks.

Brett

Report this post
Unread postPosted: October 30, 2017, 9:55 am 
GuestfromEU wrote:
Brett -

I received an email from Amazon stating the pre-order was cancelled and the book will not be published for Kindle users.

Weird. I preordered a physical copy(Canadian Amazon) and have since gotten mine. I was gonna get the Ebook, but I didn't feel like having to deal with the hassle of the Kindle app.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: October 30, 2017, 8:48 am 

Brett -

Report this post
Unread postPosted: October 24, 2017, 9:32 am 
I just sent my order in today to Captain Metz and am anxiously awaiting the arrival of his new book by mail. Hope that he also will continue with his stories here on boatnerd as I enjoy reading them as I'm sure many others here echo my comments as well on them.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: October 23, 2017, 10:46 am 
GuestfromEU wrote:
ohcaptainmycaptain wrote:
RCRVRP wrote:
Hi, this is Brett Ortler; I'm the editor over at Adventure Publications, which published Sea Stories.

Will there be an ebook available?

Yes. The Kindle version is available now (on Amazon), and I just checked and so is the Nook version.

Here's the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Stories-Rich . B01NCN9FBT

And here's the Nook link: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/sea-st . 126411851#

Thanks!

Mr Ortler, when will the Kindle version be released? I pre-ordered back in September, but since then, I received four different emails from Amazon to advise me of a new release date from the publisher. October 10, 17, 24, and now 31st.

Just curious if it will be released at all for us e-readers. Being in Europe and also working aboard a ship, physical books are not a practical option for me.[/quote]

Thanks for writing. I'm asking our digital crew/ebook staff about this right now. When I hear back, I'll let you know ASAP.

Thanks and take care,

Brett

Report this post

Unread postPosted: October 22, 2017, 4:29 am 

ohcaptainmycaptain wrote:
RCRVRP wrote:
Hi, this is Brett Ortler; I'm the editor over at Adventure Publications, which published Sea Stories.

Will there be an ebook available?

Yes. The Kindle version is available now (on Amazon), and I just checked and so is the Nook version.

Thanks![/quote]

Mr Ortler, when will the Kindle version be released? I pre-ordered back in September, but since then, I received four different emails from Amazon to advise me of a new release date from the publisher. October 10, 17, 24, and now 31st.

Just curious if it will be released at all for us e-readers. Being in Europe and also working aboard a ship, physical books are not a practical option for me.

Report this post
Unread postPosted: October 7, 2017, 4:25 pm 
Thanks so much for that Captain Metz as I appreciate it. I will be sending my check out soon to you and thanks for letting me know as I will be contacting you by Email when I am ready to place my order for your book. Thanks again Captain and you take care!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: October 7, 2017, 7:47 am 
Denny If you send me $ 17.00 and live in the U.S. I will send you my copy of Sea Stories and I will sign the copy.
Email " captrmetz@aol.com

Report this post

Unread postPosted: October 5, 2017, 9:36 pm 
I was in Port Huron on Tuesday but, the Barnes and Noble did not have any copies yet but they assured me that they would order them soon and have them. Eventually I will get my copy at some point even if it's not until Christmas. Just wish I could get a signed copy from Captain Metz! Just a bit off subject but, if you're traveling in the Port Huron area the B&N there still has lots of copies of this year's at least Know Your Ships book along with boat or ship cards similar to what you see in a regular card deck. Stupid me, duh I forgot to get my deck of cards this week. Guess I had a major brain freeze on me this week LOL! That's what my age does to me as I'm getting old.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: October 5, 2017, 7:55 pm 
Barnes and noble in Green Bay wi has the book, I purchased a copy
Yesterday

Report this post

Unread postPosted: September 20, 2017, 8:27 pm 
The Publisher of Sea Stories will ship to Canada.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: September 19, 2017, 8:10 pm 
I preordered mine on Amazon. :D

Report this post

Unread postPosted: September 19, 2017, 4:04 pm 

RCRVRP wrote:

Will there be an ebook available?[/quote]

Thanks!

Report this post