Return to Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Online
Discussion Boards
Please click to visit our sponsor
It is currently February 19, 2018, 6:43 pm

FAQ | Instructions | Help
Search for:

Post subject: Save the S.S Judith M. Pierson
Unread postPosted: October 12, 2017, 2:55 pm 
I found the pilot house from the S/S Judith M. Pierson at Port Burwell, Ont. With all the dismantlement of our Museum Ships I was surprised to find the "Judy." I talked to the people who are restoring the pilot house and they said they are suffering to get funds to complete the job. They are $50,000 short. I am going to try to help to get the "Judy" looking like new again by giving artifacts that I took off the ship when the ship went to scrap. Volunteers have been scrapping and painting. Now they need funds to move the pilot house up the hill onto a concrete slab where she will stay as a Marine Museum. I sailed her in 1982, so I am kind of affectionate toward the old girl and I want to save her because it is the last of her kind. I will donate toward the 50 grand and I hope some of you ship lovers will do the same. Thank you all. Capt. R. Metz
E-mail PortBurwellWheelhouse@gmail.com for information on how to donate and to volunteer with the restoration efforts.

Attachments:
File comment: Save the Judy
Save the Judy.jpg
Save the Judy.jpg [ 240.99 KiB | Viewed 633 times ]
File comment: Judith M. Pierson
Judy.jpg
Judy.jpg [ 185.5 KiB | Viewed 633 times ]
Report this post