Return to Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Online
Discussion Boards
Please click to visit our sponsor
It is currently February 17, 2018, 4:40 pm

FAQ | Instructions | Help
Search for:

Post subject: Re: Paul R. Tregurtha questions
Unread postPosted: November 18, 2017, 10:16 pm 
Thanks for that one Bookworm. Whenever I can find some spare and free time I will try to read that arcticle. Thanks again for that update.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: November 18, 2017, 9:25 pm 
Here's the timeline from Interlake:
Go to interlake-steamship.com Click on About Us and then Sustainability.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: November 18, 2017, 6:36 pm 
Thanks for that update Chris much appreciated. Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I have not seen any word or announcement yet of the PRT going in this winter to get the scrubbers installed on her much in the way the Oberstar, Lee A. Tregurtha, Barker along with the Mesabi Miner has already done so I sort of figured that perhaps maybe it wasn't going to be done on her afterall. So, have you or anyone else heard then if the PRT will end up laying up early this winter to get the scrubbers put into her? Thanks for any updates.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: November 17, 2017, 8:11 pm 

She's due for scrubbers this winter and for the foreseeable future the Kaye and Jackson will not be getting them

Report this post
 Post subject: Paul R. Tregurtha questions
Unread postPosted: November 16, 2017, 11:07 pm 
Was just wondering and curious is all with a few of the Interlake ships receiving gas exhaust scrubber systems it was mentioned if I am not mistaken a while back that at some point in time down the road, the Paul R. Tregurtha was expected to follow the same paths as the Oberstar, Lee A. Tregurtha, James R. Barker along with the Mesabi Miner as far as getting the scrubber system installed and put into her. However, lately I have not seen or heard anything more on this and was just curious and wondering is all if anyone has heard if the plan is still a go and on as far as the PRT receiving the scrubber system someday? If she is due to receive it, then will she get it done this upcoming winter at Bay Shipbuilding when she lays up for the winter? If anyone has seen or heard of any further information on this, I would appreciate hearing anything you have. Thanks so very much in advance for any news or information here.

Report this post