Tug Rod McLean

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Tug Rod McLean

Unread post by Guest »

As BAYPORT: In taking line from steamer CAPTAIN C.D. SECORD on June 22, 1959, one and one-half miles outside of Collingwood, Ont., was overtaken by steamer, pulled under, and sunk. Raised and converted to oil in winter, 1959-1960.
BigRiver

Unread post by BigRiver »

This photo of her upperworks on shore is dated 7-15-2012.
Attachments
McLean, Rod 7-15-12.JPG

Unread post by Guest »

Didn't this tug sink at the Canadian Soo back in the mid-1980s?
William Lafferty

Unread post by William Lafferty »

M guess would be 1994 or 1995. Purvis acquired the tug in 1994 but I know its D398 Caterpillar Diesel was put into Purvis's Adanac in 1996. It sat at the Purvis yard for years afterwards and was pretty much dismantled by 2010 or so. It started life as GLTCo's Fairport in 1914 and had an eventful life.

Tug Rod McLean

Unread post by Guest »

I'm not much into tugs but I was talking to a friend that recently acquired a photograph of the tug Rod McLean taken at what he believes is the Canadian Soo with a notation on the back saying tug retired later that year. Unfortunately there is no date. He is wondering what year that would have been? My acquaintance is not very computer literate so I told I would see if anyone could help out.

Thanks for any replies.