Discussion Boards
Please click to visit our sponsor
It is currently February 19, 2018, 4:54 am

FAQ | Instructions | Help
Search for:

Post subject: Re: Two Harbor docks
Unread postPosted: November 28, 2017, 12:10 pm 
garbear wrote:
Here's a post from this site. If you look at the top photo-from left to right you've got dock #6. It wasn't being used when I started sailing in 1971. Next dock is #2. South of #2 is where the Interlake 1000 footer is loading. Probably over 95% of the ore loaded in Two Harbors is loaded at the shiploader conveyor. Other side of dock is North of #2. Next is South of #1 and the other side closet to the Edna G. and downtown is North of #1. Second photo you just reverse everything.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87022&p=134994&hilit=two+harbors+ore+docks#p134994

Thanks for the info ! Now I get it !

Report this post

Unread postPosted: November 28, 2017, 10:36 am 
Here's a post from this site. If you look at the top photo-from left to right you've got dock #6. It wasn't being used when I started sailing in 1971. Next dock is #2. South of #2 is where the Interlake 1000 footer is loading. Probably over 95% of the ore loaded in Two Harbors is loaded at the shiploader conveyor. Other side of dock is North of #2. Next is South of #1 and the other side closet to the Edna G. and downtown is North of #1. Second photo you just reverse everything.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87022&p=134994&hilit=two+harbors+ore+docks#p134994

Report this post

Unread postPosted: November 28, 2017, 10:00 am 
South of #2 is the shiploader(conveyor) dock. North of #2 is the other side of the dock. South of #1 and North of #1 is the dock dock nearest to downtown Two Harbors. Dock #1 is strictly a gravity(chute) dock. The shiploader dock is where the vast majority of the loading takes place.

Report this post

Post subject: Two Harbor docks
Unread postPosted: November 28, 2017, 8:34 am 
What are the names and locations of these dock ? For example, I often read about a ship at 'North of #2", etc.. TIA

Report this post