Paul R. Tregurtha's last trip for 2017

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Paul R. Tregurtha's last trip for 2017

Unread post by Denny »

Just checked the MERC Schedule and their website and just today it has been updated and now shows the PRT due at St. Clair to unload early on December 10th and arriving at Monroe to finish the unload later that same day. So it appears that they still have two more trips left maybe, the one they are on now to where they are due to load at MERC either on November 30 or December 1st followed now with the next load expected to arrive at MERC on December 7th to load again for both St. Clair and Monroe. I assume based off of these next two loads that after that she may be headed into lay-up to have the new scrubber system put into her, unless they have them carry ore loads for a while. Has anyone heard anything more on when they will be headed for lay-up? Any information is appreciated. Thank You.
Denny

Paul R. Tregurtha's last trip for 2017

Unread post by Denny »

Noticed on the MERC Coal Loading Dock schedule for this weekend that the Paul R. Tregurtha is due to arrive with a "split" cargo of coal for the St. Clair and Monroe Power Plants. They are due first at St. Clair on December 3rd in the early evening and later arriving in Monroe in the afternoon of December 4th. After looking through the schedule from MERC, I see no further loadings or ETAs as well for the Paul R. Tregurtha. So my questions are, first will this then be her last and final trip for the 2017 shipping season and second after she completes this run am I understanding it correctly then that she will be going to Sturgeon Bay to get a new scrubber system installed on her? I assume then that this may be her last trip and then she goes into early lay-up to start the process along with receiving the new scrubber system. Depending on how long it takes to put these new scrubbers in, will she be ready in time for Spring and the 2018 season or will this be a long project to where she will not sail until mid-2018 sometime? Sorry for so many of my questions on her just curious is all. Any information is appreciated thanks so very much in advance for any replies and responses.