Mesabi Miner

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Duluthian

Re: Mesabi Miner

Unread post by Duluthian »

Thanks for the info Denny.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:Nope there's been a few other 1,000 footers that have unloaded in Nanticoke this season. Sorry to say right now I cannot access my records to see which ones but I am 100% certain that the Miner will NOT be the first 1,000 footer to dock at Nanticoke and unload for the 2017-18 shipping season. Perhaps somebody else with more resources and records will know what other 1,000 footers had docked in Nanticoke for the 2017-18 shipping season but again as I mentioned, the Miner will not be the first one at least this year!
Hi Denny, I looked too and I couldn't find which ones. Seems like they were ASC boats. Thinking one was the American Spirit, but don't remember.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Nope there's been a few other 1,000 footers that have unloaded in Nanticoke this season. Sorry to say right now I cannot access my records to see which ones but I am 100% certain that the Miner will NOT be the first 1,000 footer to dock at Nanticoke and unload for the 2017-18 shipping season. Perhaps somebody else with more resources and records will know what other 1,000 footers had docked in Nanticoke for the 2017-18 shipping season but again as I mentioned, the Miner will not be the first one at least this year!
Duluthian

Unread post by Duluthian »

I think she will be the first footer (possibly U.S. flagged vessel) to unload at Nanticoke this season year.
garbear

Mesabi Miner

Unread post by garbear »

The Mesabi Miner is departing BNSF #5 as of 4:20 p.m. Central. AIS shows a Nanticoke destination.