CSL Ships in Sarnia

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: CSL Ships in Sarnia

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Matt but as for the one in the North Slip, don’t you mean that it’s the CSL Niagara? The CSL Assiniboine is at the Keefer Terminal in Thunder Bay with a storage load of ore pellets from BNSF in Superior! Anyway thanks for your reply and information much appreciated there.
MattJ

Unread post by MattJ »

Laurentien with storage load at Elevator.Did not unload at Goderich. Assiniboine at South end north slip at foot of exmouth street!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Anyone that has read this post, I am still awaiting any information that anyone has on both the CSL Laurentien and CSL Niagara as far as where both are laid up in Sarnia. I know that many others out there have seen these two ships in Sarnia from their visits to the area recently and the in past few days or weeks. Surely there is someone rather its a local boatnerd that has seen those two and knows where they are laid up at in Sarnia. Anyone that can help or has any information to share is greatly appreciated. Thank You!
Denny

CSL Ships in Sarnia

Unread post by Denny »

Would like to know about two CSL ships that are spending the winter in Sarnia, Ontario laid up. The two lakers are the CSL Laurentien and the CSL Niagara. I’ve seen photos of the Laurentien on the KYS Facebook page once and it showed her at the Cargill Grain Elevator and loaded. Does anyone know if she is still there and does she have a storage load of wheat? She loaded in Thunder Bay and was headed to Goderich for what I assume was to unload? Will the Laurentien then be spending the winter in Sarnia instead with this storage load? Also does anyone know about the CSL Niagara as I believe from her AIS on Marine Traffic that she arrived Sarnia for lay up on January 9th give or take. However there has been nothing on her as far as any photos, new or information and I was simply wondering just what dock in Sarnia she is laid up at now? Anyone with any information on this is greatly appreciated. Thank You!