Custom Search Problems

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
William Lafferty

Re: Custom Search Problems

Unread post by William Lafferty »

The site needs to upgrade its Google custom search element to API 2.0. From Google:

"The Custom Search Element API 1.0, which was deprecated in 2012 in favor of API 2.0, is now no longer maintained. API 1.0 will stop working on December 4, 2017.

"You can check if you’re using the 1.0 version by looking at the code on your search page for a call to google.search.CustomSearchControl. If you are, read on:

"Next Steps

"To avoid an interruption in service, please update your website to use the Custom Search Element API 2.0 before December 4, 2017. The easiest way to transition is through the CSE Control Panel at cse.google.com, where you can generate your new Custom Search Engine code and add it to your website."

I hope somebody in power sees this posting and acts upon it.
dunnchbuds

Custom Search Problems

Unread post by dunnchbuds »

Any idea why for at least a couple of months we cannot use the Custom Search on the main page? Please see picture for the error. I've tried clearing my cache and many other things but still the same problem.
Attachments
unauthorized access.jpg