Purvis Marine

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
JT

Re: Purvis Marine

Unread post by JT »

Guest wrote:Looks like the Reliance is just going to assist the Anglian Lady.
The question I have is - when was the last time the Reliance was operated? I didn't notice it move in the past few years.
Reliance typically operates in the Late/Early season on an as needed basis. It did run in early 2017 if i remember correctly

Re: Purvis Marine

Unread post by Guest »

Looks like the Reliance is just going to assist the Anglian Lady.
The question I have is - when was the last time the Reliance was operated? I didn't notice it move in the past few years.
Mr Link

Purvis Marine

Unread post by Mr Link »

AIS shows Purvis' big tug Reliance downbound in the St. Mary's River, showing a destination of Detroit. And the Anglian Lady was been above Detour since at least last night, presumably with the barge Ironmaster. Does anyone know if the Reliance has another barge load of coils or is she going to assist the Anglian Lady?

Also, if the Trump administration puts tariffs on imported steel and aluminum as they have been discussing, would it apply to Canadian steel and aluminum as well? Or does NAFTA prohibit tariffs on goods from Mexico and Canada? I would suspect that tariffs would have a big effect on the Purvis steel shipments and McKeil's aluminum shipments.