ASC Renamings

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: ASC Renamings

Unread post by Denny »

Where did you find out the American Courage will be renamed the new Adam E. Cornelius has I have not seen anything mentioned so far on the ASC Facebook page or their website? I suppose they will rename her at about the start up of the new season probably in either March or April. Can’t imagine why they wouldn’t rename a ship the Buffalo since there has been three counting the current one that went to Algoma with that name. The ASC fleet has had a ship named Buffalo to represent the city to where there company was founded for as long as I can recall and I’m sure that ASC would want to consider continuing that trend at least.
Andrew

Re: ASC Renamings

Unread post by Andrew »

American Courage will be the new Cornelius. Doubt they will rename a ship Buffalo.
Denny

ASC Renamings

Unread post by Denny »

I know this subject may have been discussed late last year and first and foremost I apologize for bringing it up if it has. However with Algoma now getting the Buffalo and Cornelius, just wondering if anyone heard if ASC plans to rename any of their remaining ships the Buffalo along with the Cornelius? If I had a guess, one that might get renamed IMO would be the St. Clair! Why her you ask? Think about it, she was built to carry coal for Detroit Edison but now days hardly ever delivers coal to the DTE Plant at St. Clair like she once did. While she may still carry some coal cargoes, she carries more ore than coal and with the phasing out of coal IMO anyway it makes perfect sense to rename her. Also another one to maybe get renamed is the Walter J. McCarthy Jr. for almost the same reasons as I mentioned with the St. Clair. However the Wally Mac still hauls coal to the DTE plants at St. Clair and Monroe along with other ports such as Essexville, Marquette and Silver Bay as well sometimes. The namesake of the Wally Mac also passed away a few years ago so IMO they should rename her the Adam E. Cornelius for one of their founders and maybe either the St. Clair or American Courage as the new Buffalo. These are just my ideas only. Sorry for a long post here folks.