American Mariner paint job

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Bookworm

Re: American Mariner paint job

Unread post by Bookworm »

Denny wrote:I must say the Mariner certainly looks great with her new paint job as seen on the KYS Facebook page photos. Hopefully someday they will paint a few more ASC ships. The McCarthy and Indiana Harbor at least certainly could stand to be repainted as both are looking very hard now.
The last time I saw the American Spirit (George A. Stinson to Violet, if you recall) she was looking pretty scruffy, too. Don't have a recent picture to support that though.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I must say the Mariner certainly looks great with her new paint job as seen on the KYS Facebook page photos. Hopefully someday they will paint a few more ASC ships. The McCarthy and Indiana Harbor at least certainly could stand to be repainted as both are looking very hard now.
Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

Denny, for me it's an educated guess. I believe it is the least 'cherished' name in the fleet. All the others have good solid historical names except 3 footers, all of which were recently renamed and doubtfully will be changed. Renaming a footer doesn't happen every day.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

In my post regarding ASC renames, Andrew I believe it is mentioned the American Courage will be the new Cornelius! So far though I’ve yet to see anything either on the ASC website or their Facebook page. So it looks like we will just have to wait and see on that one I guess for now.
KHenry

Unread post by KHenry »

I had assumed it was a good candidate to become the next Cornelius as well.
BigRiver

Unread post by BigRiver »

I have been told the American Mariner name has been restored after her paint job. I had a crazy thought that they might make her the new ACorn. But nope.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Can't answer that question sorry to say Roger but, going off topic here though in another thread that I started on ASC renames there are reports suggesting the American Courage may end up being the next Adam E. Cornelius? I have not seen anything mentioned as of yet on the ASC website or their facebook page so stay tuned!
BigRiver

American Mariner paint job

Unread post by BigRiver »

Anyone been by the shipyard in Toledo this week to see if they have restored the name American Mariner to the bow?