Port Colborne Marine Terminals

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
DC from QC

Re: Port Colborne Marine Terminals

Unread post by DC from QC »

I remember hearing about ULS having a plan to build sections of hull in Port Weller and weld them together at this site in Port Colborne to create Canadian footers.

Re: Port Colborne Marine Terminals

Unread post by Guest »

They were related. Port Colborne Marine Terminals was founded by a consortium of Canadian Shipbuilding and Engineering and Port Weller Drydocks in early 1985. International Marine Salvage was setup by Ken Elliott in 1983

I believe that originally ULS had planned to dismantle lakers at Port Colborne via their Port Colborne Marine Terminals. Along the way International Marine Salvage took over Port Colborne Marine Terminals, but as to when, is hard to come by.

Port Colborne Marine Terminals

Unread post by Guest »

In going over the histories of several ships scrapped at Port Colborne in the 1980s I have found references to Port Colborne Marine Terminals while some accounts in different sources relate vessels sold to that company as being scrapped by International Marine Salvage. Where the two firms related?