Steel Mill and Company Names

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Steel Mill and Company Names

Unread post by Guest »

The AK mills still carry that name. Armco/Kawasaki. Wait n see but seems to me cliffs may continue to operate them as separate entities.
Denny

Steel Mill and Company Names

Unread post by Denny »

With the new Cleveland Cliffs stacks now on both the Block and the Sykes, I got to wondering since Cliffs I think has taken over the US operation of ArcelorMittal have any of the Steel Mills changed their names that once had the ArcelorMittal name on them? In other words and a better example, in Hamilton the Dofasco Steel Mill there was once called ArcelorMittal Dofasco and also in Dearborn it used to be AK Steel. With so many changes in the Steel industry I can't keep up with the changes on the Mills anymore. I know that up in the Soo, Essar Steel returned to Algoma Steel and years ago the Stelco Mill in Nanticoke and in Hamilton had its name returned after being owned by U.S. Steel for years. If anyone can help and provide further information and a list of the names of the Mills here in the U.S. and Canada it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.