Duluth boat hotline

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Duluth boat hotline

Unread post by Guest »

I can't provide any info on the hotline, but the Harbor Lookout website has become the main place to go to for the boat schedule for Duluth, Superior, Two Harbors, and Silver Bay. It's accuracy is hit-or-miss, because the shipping companies are less willing these days to share their schedules. It tends to be more accurate for arrivals than departures, especially once a ship has passed through the Soo Locks and is heading across the Lake.

My recommendation is to use a combination of Harbor Lookout and the Marine Traffic app (or website) to track the location of the ships. For departures, I also recommend monitoring radio traffic. The ships will make a security call about 30 minutes before they depart. You can monitor the radio traffic online at this link:

https://www.broadcastify.com/webPlayer/28454
Bob

Duluth boat hotline

Unread post by Bob »

The boat hotline for Duluth ship traffic hasn’t worked since late last fall. Does anybody know why? Did they change the phone number? This is a question i would think garbear could answer as he’s from this area. Any info is appreciated tia