2021 Conneaut Ore Loads

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
garbear

Re: 2021 Conneaut Ore Loads

Unread post by garbear »

Denny wrote:In just a few short weeks that the 2021 season has begun, so far I've only seen "one" ore load from Conneaut this year and it was loaded onto the H. Lee White whose is headed to Gary BTW with it. Although it is still early in the season, I've yet to see anything loaded in Conneaut going to Quebec like last year was. Been seeing lots of ore being loaded up in both Duluth, Superior, Two Harbors and Silver Bay this season. It will be interesting to see if there's much ore being loaded in Conneaut this year and going to Quebec like last year was.
A lot of the Minntac/UTAC ore is going by train to a bulk terminal on the lower Mississippi. Then loaded onto bulk freighters for overseas. So we'll have to see just how much goes to Quebec City.
Denny

2021 Conneaut Ore Loads

Unread post by Denny »

In just a few short weeks that the 2021 season has begun, so far I've only seen "one" ore load from Conneaut this year and it was loaded onto the H. Lee White whose is headed to Gary BTW with it. Although it is still early in the season, I've yet to see anything loaded in Conneaut going to Quebec like last year was. Been seeing lots of ore being loaded up in both Duluth, Superior, Two Harbors and Silver Bay this season. It will be interesting to see if there's much ore being loaded in Conneaut this year and going to Quebec like last year was.