Ship Questions

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Ship Questions

Unread post by Guest »

[quote="Mark Hansen"]Yesterday (5/24) flying into Metro (about 6 PM) it appeared the McKee Sons was in the Rouge River and yet I can not find anything in vessel passages to indicate I am correct. Does anyone know if she was there? It also looked like two freighters were up on Lake St. Clair (upbound I thought .. one mid-lake and the other near Belle Isle) but I am not finding anything that would make sense in either the Detroit or Port Huron passages. Any thoughts? Thank you.[/quote]

What you thought was the McKee was probably the Sarah Spencer in lay-up in the old rouge.

The Walter J. McCarthy and James L. Kuber were downbound from Lake St. Clair around then. Canadian Navigator was upbound.
Mark Hansen

Ship Questions

Unread post by Mark Hansen »

Yesterday (5/24) flying into Metro (about 6 PM) it appeared the McKee Sons was in the Rouge River and yet I can not find anything in vessel passages to indicate I am correct. Does anyone know if she was there? It also looked like two freighters were up on Lake St. Clair (upbound I thought .. one mid-lake and the other near Belle Isle) but I am not finding anything that would make sense in either the Detroit or Port Huron passages. Any thoughts? Thank you.