Algoma Harvester Updates

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Denny

Re: Algoma Harvester Updates

Unread post by Denny »

She is no longer at anchor and about 8:00 p.m. or 2000 hours on Saturday, June 28, 2014 they are now underway and heading in for the Panama Canal. First up is the Miraflores Locks and it would appear that a "night-time passage is in the works possibly by the time they reach that lock." There first official load and cargo will be the same as the Algoma Equinox late last season which was a load of iron ore from Port Cartier to Hamilton. I do not have yet any ETA's for either Port Cartier or Hamilton. If anyone hears of any times or ETA's for Port Cartier or Hamilton, would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance.

Unread post by Guest »

She is now at anchor off the Panama Canal
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Algoma Montrealais is upbound in the Seaway now as I type this and you can find out all the latest scoop and information by going to the Seaway's website for times and ETA's at all of the specific locks.
Montrealer

Unread post by Montrealer »

By the way the name is being posted here, you can tell it's not being pronounced right. It's a French name so it's pronounced that way, Montreal-eh not Montreal-is.
middlerouge

Unread post by middlerouge »

KL-NL wrote:We will be anchoring in Balboa 1500 EDT today the 27th and transiting the canal on the 28th at 1300 EDT. Then on to Port Cartier for iron ore to Hamilton.
Take your time getting here. We'd like to see as much of the Montrealis as we can.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks for that wonderful and fantastic update on your progress and transit KL-NL as I appreciate that. Can someone from the ship please post some photos of her here on boatnerd so we can all see this brand new looking ship? I can't wait to see her sometime along the St. Clair River and hope to see and catch you going up on your first trip to the upper Great Lakes or perhaps when you come back down from a Lake Superior port. Anyway, hope that you have a good and safe trip and journey and we'll be waiting and watching for your along the St. Clair River. 3 Long 2 Short until then.
KL-NL

Unread post by KL-NL »

We will be anchoring in Balboa 1500 EDT today the 27th and transiting the canal on the 28th at 1300 EDT. Then on to Port Cartier for iron ore to Hamilton.
Denny

Algoma Harvester Updates

Unread post by Denny »

Anyone have any information or updates as to the progress of the Algoma Harvester and her ETA for the Panama Canal? I can get information and ETA's from Philip Nash's Algoma Vessel Passage page and through Algoma's website. However, for some reason I cannot seem to track her on MarineTraffic as they have removed her from the list. Last I checked, she had an ETA of 2200 hours on Friday, June 27 at the Panama Canal. Anyone with information on her is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.