Wreck of the Etruria

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Jared

Re: Wreck of the Etruria

Unread post by Jared »

Here is the numbers off to mid ships. 45*28'97.45N by 083*26'40.19W NOAA fudged the numbers a few hundred yards to deter diving. There is 2 videos on YouTube shot by my friend whom dove her. Just type Etruria Lake Huron.

Unread post by Guest »

Well, 5 1/2 years after it was found, TBNMS still lists its location as "TBA". If you'like to know its location, Google Etruria and National Register of Historic Places.

Ed

Unread post by Ed »

Have they released any detailed report on the wreck or pictures? I've only heard of the Merrick being released so far.
Norskellunge

Unread post by Norskellunge »

This may be of interest:

"The wreck of the steel freighter Etruria was also discovered and identified by the researchers. Launched in February 1902 at West Bay City, Michigan, the 414-foot long Etruria sank in 1905, after colliding with a steamer in thick fog. Today, the massive steamer sits upside down in deep water. "

Source:

http://www.fyddeye.com/shipwrecks/55-sh ... ck-etruria

Wreck of the Etruria

Unread post by guest »

Does anyone know any information about the recent discovery of the Etruria? I had a relative that served aboard her when she went down and I cannot find any pictures or videos let alone anything about the condition of the wreck. Thank you for any information. J.F.