Ina in Anchorage

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
Joanne

Re: Ina in Anchorage

Unread post by Joanne »

Thank you so much CF!!
CF

Unread post by CF »

Joanne. It isn't a "guess". Ina lost main engine power and will be anchored until repairs are made.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Joanne, I was referring to Skawa situation from the story about her on the News Channel Page as you mentioned. I don't know the full details yet about the Ina, other than I what I have read on here so far about her. If and I don't know for sure without any type of confirmation the Ina had engine issues then you could maybe compare her issues to that of her sister the Skawa. Again I don't know for sure yet what happened to the Ina other than what I have read so far on here. Thanks for any details about it.
Joanne

CF Re: Ina in Anchorage

Unread post by Joanne »

I'm just noticing now the short reply from "CF" saying "Lost her engine" - do you have some sort of source to confirm this or is it a guess.... ???
Joanne

Unread post by Joanne »

Are you referring to "Boatnerd's News Channel" page? I don't see anything current on Ina as of Tues. 18 Nov 04h48m. I have of course read al aboul Skawa - that happened not far below me and the Ina is not far above me - go figure! ;-) I'd really appreciate the link you have with this info on the Ina. Thanks a lot, Joanne
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Seems like this is the second incident in less than a week to hit these new Polsteam vessels as the Ina and her sistership the Skawa also had engines troubles and issues as well just a few days ago if you read the new story in the News Page about her.
Joanne

Unread post by Joanne »

As a rule this is first to come to mind but I would of thought she would of, if needed, pick one up at the locks at Iroquois.... generally I hear something of the sorts on the Marine Radio but I did catch something, rather garbled and assuming it was Ina and Seaway Iroquois speaking of repair and inspection.... didn't really catch much so I'm only assuming because she was the only ship still in my range....
CF

Unread post by CF »

Lost her engine.

Unread post by Guest »

Joanne wrote:Anyone know why "Saltie" Ina is in anchorage around Butternut Bay just above Brockville, ON??
Could they be anchored waiting on a pilot change?
Joanne

Ina in Anchorage

Unread post by Joanne »

Anyone know why "Saltie" Ina is in anchorage around Butternut Bay just above Brockville, ON??