Where is the CWB Marquis?

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.

Re: Where is the CWB Marquis?

Unread post by Guest »

he's now at ArcelorMittal Port-Cartier
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Thanks Guest for that information as it is very much appreciated. Just wonder then and I got a strong feeling that possibly either the CWB Marquis or the CSL Welland could be one of the first ships up in the Seaway at the St. Lambert Lock and the opening in 2015! Surely they will want one of those two new vessels to open up on the Seaway in 2015 but just which one remains to be seen at this time? Also, don't forget as well the CSL St-Laurent is still moving across the Pacific and has yet to arrive in Canada. So, they may also make her one of the first ships up through the Seaway as well in 2015. Again, thanks for your information Guest as I appreciate it.

Unread post by guest »

It will be a winter load that will stay in Montreal and come to Hamilton when the seaway opens in the spring.They will be removing the stiffener that runs down each side , these were required for the cross ocean voyage.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I see from sources and information that they are due to arrive in Port Cartier, Quebec on January 2 at 0500 hours to load iron ore. Will they then take this load to Contrecoeur, Quebec and unload it there, or will this be a "storage" cargo for the winter and then later in the Spring, head to Hamilton and unload it there? Algoma ships in the past have laid-up in Montreal or near there at least with a storage cargo of iron ore. Anyone with information is appreciated. Thank You.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

From information and sources, CWB Marquis has a tentative ETA for Montreal, Quebec on December 29, 2014 at 1900 hours or at 7:00 p.m. while the CSL Welland also has a tentative ETA and an arrival date of January 2, 2015 at 2100 or 9:00 p.m. for Montreal. Also, CSL Welland has begun their voyage through the Canal and got underway this evening. CSL St-Laurent was due to arrive this morning in Davao, Philippines to take on fuel.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

The CWB Marquis made it through most of the Panama Canal from Tuesday evening to Wednesday morning. Meanwhile however, the CSL Welland is still anchored off of the Panama Canal near Balboa on the Pacific side awaiting its turn to transit the canal. Also the CWB Marquis has a tentative ETA for arrival in Montreal right now on December 29 subject to change. I noticed as well that on the marinetraffic website, they still have the CWB Marquis mixed up with the CWB Strongfield and they also lists each vessel as being a self-unloader rather than a bulk carrier. They also have it listed the same way for the CSL Welland and CSL St-Laurent also.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I see from the CSL website and the Trillium Tracker from the looks of it, that the CSL Welland is still at anchor awaiting their turn to transit the Panama Canal. Thanks for the updates on CWB Marquis and darn it, once again I missed another boat transiting through the Panama Canal. It never fails as I never seem to have any luck in catching these guys once they start into the Panama Canal and I am hoping to catch the CSL Welland then, once she starts in for her transit. If anyone has images or photos of the CWB Marquis from the Panama Canal cameras, can they please send them boatnerd? Thank You.

Unread post by Guest »

She looks pretty nice in the Miraflores. Another good looking addition to the Great Lakes fleet.

Unread post by Guest »

I believe that i just saw her in the Miraflores Lock of the Panama Canal. The only camera I could get to work was the High Resolution at Miraflores.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I see also that the CSL Welland I believe has also joined up with her as well and is anchored near Balboa and the Pacific side of the Panama Canal. Probably won't happen but, would be neat if both were to transit the canal in the same day within a few hours apart! That way at least we get to watch them if they make a daylight transit through the canal. One can only hope and dream of the possibilities.
KC

Unread post by KC »

She was to go to anchor Sunday afternoon upon arrival in Panama and was going to wait for northbound convoy.

Unread post by Guest »

She is just off Panama, as shown on this website: http://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/CWB ... -316004370
Denny

Where is the CWB Marquis?

Unread post by Denny »

Anyone know where she is at? According to reports that were on the News Page, "She was due at Balboa, Panama on December 14 and was due to transit on the evening of December 15 and clearing the Panama Canal on the morning of December 16." I cannot find anything new on the Algoma website since December 7 and I can't track her on marinetraffic.com and their website. Anyone that has any information on her is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.