Cason J. Callaway

Discussion board focusing on Great Lakes Shipping Question & Answer. From beginner to expert all posts are welcome.
jsbrown

Re: Cason J. Callaway

Unread post by jsbrown »

They are having trouble unloading. They were carrying some kind of iron ore powder and it got wet and is clumping up.
Duluthian

Unread post by Duluthian »

I noticed that the Cason J. Callaway has been docked at Gary for 5 days. During this time the Arthur M. Anderson has arrived at Gary, unloaded, and then departed for Calumet. Any idea why the Callaway has been in Gary for such a long time? That seems like an unusually long time for it to unload.
Duluth Guest

Unread post by Duluth Guest »

Boy, I'd love to see the Saginaw in Two Harbors,...I remember seeing her sitting over at Fraser Shipyards for years as the John J. Boland.
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

I know I've seen on AIS the Saginaw make a couple runs on that shuttle also.
Duluth

Unread post by Duluth »

The Callaway and the Michipicoten have been doing the shuttle back and forth it seems. I think the last time I saw the Michipicoten in TH was way back when she was still named Elton Hoyt II.

Unread post by Guest »

I would assume these runs resulted from Cliffs' dispute with Essar?
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

They are not the only ones garbear that have loaded iron ore from Two Harbors to Essar. Yeah I know the Michipicoten has made a few of those trips also but, CSL has used a few of their lakers as well on that run. Sorry I can't recall which ones were on that run last week and I am not going to embarrass myself on here by me taking a chance and guessing. So, I leave that to the boatnerds to figure out which CSL lakers were on that run last week?
garbear

Cason J. Callaway

Unread post by garbear »

I see from AIS the Callaway is on the Two Harbors-Essar Soo pellet run. They've made 2 straight trips on that run and I see she's due back in Two Harbors on Thanksgiving.