St. Clair River Traffic (2016/09/12 & 13)

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Bookworm

St. Clair River Traffic (2016/09/12 & 13)

Unread post by Bookworm »

River traffic was fairly heavy the past two days. These were the ones I photographed, but quite a few transited in the night or when I was doing other things.
Attachments
American Mariner was in ballast, expected in Superior for her next load.
American Mariner was in ballast, expected in Superior for her next load.
Labrador (Cyprus) in ballast for Thunder Bay.
Labrador (Cyprus) in ballast for Thunder Bay.
The only information I could find for Algoma Transport was her destination: Bath.
The only information I could find for Algoma Transport was her destination: Bath.
In the late afternoon, Algoway was down-bound with unspecified cargo, for Lorain, OH.
In the late afternoon, Algoway was down-bound with unspecified cargo, for Lorain, OH.
Algorail, still waiting, as Algowood, loads at the Government Dock in Sarnia.
Algorail, still waiting, as Algowood, loads at the Government Dock in Sarnia.
Calumet passing Sarnia, with stone for Cleveland.
Calumet passing Sarnia, with stone for Cleveland.
Manitowoc, with a cargo of stone for Grand Haven, met Calumet and they exchanged salutes.
Manitowoc, with a cargo of stone for Grand Haven, met Calumet and they exchanged salutes.
Federal Beaufort (Marshall Islands) loaded grain in Thunder Bay and has an intermediate destination of Montreal.
Federal Beaufort (Marshall Islands) loaded grain in Thunder Bay and has an intermediate destination of Montreal.
It's been a long time since Frontenac traversed the St. Clair River.  She was coming down with an unspecified cargo for Nanticoke.
It's been a long time since Frontenac traversed the St. Clair River. She was coming down with an unspecified cargo for Nanticoke.
For awhile it looked like they were eyeing a windsurfer on the Canadian side, under the Bluewater Bridges, but then they poured on the speed and headed out onto the lake.
For awhile it looked like they were eyeing a windsurfer on the Canadian side, under the Bluewater Bridges, but then they poured on the speed and headed out onto the lake.
As daylight diminished, Cedarglen came off Lake Huron, with a load of grain for Montreal.
As daylight diminished, Cedarglen came off Lake Huron, with a load of grain for Montreal.