St. Clair River (2016/09/17)

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Bookworm

Re: St. Clair River (2016/09/17)

Unread post by Bookworm »

St Crapo wrote:Great pictures Bookworm. Do you happen to have a favorite boat? Personally my favorites are the ones with the classic forward pilot houses. Not too many left anymore and I know the time will come in the near future where they are nothing but a memory. But thanks to you and others who contribute with pictures they will never be forgotten.
Take care and enjoy whats left of the nice warm weather. Winter isn't to far off.
Dan McNeil
I share your partiality to the classic design lakers, Dan. When it comes to naming my favorite, well, let's say I definitely have one, but want to showcase as many as possible since each one, for a variety of reasons, is likely the favorite of someone.
St Crapo

Re: St. Clair River (2016/09/17)

Unread post by St Crapo »

Great pictures Bookworm. Thank you very much for all the wonderful pictures you share with us weekly and even daily of the boats on the St. Clair river. Hopefully the Algorail will fitout one more time and sail this season yet. I know her days are numbered and she along with the Algoway both look very tired and thers retirements are soon approaching. I did notice quite a few vehicles along side the Algorail from diffrent pictures ive seen and her AIS is on. Sorry for rambling on here. Once again great work and again thank you for all the pictures you post along with each boats destinations. I greatly appreciate it. Do you happen to have a favorite boat? Personally my favorites are the ones with the classic forward pilot houses. Not to maney left anymore and i know the time will come in the near future where they are nothing but a memory. But thanks to you and others who contribute with pictures they will never be forgotten.
Take care and enjoy whats left of the nice warm weather. Winter isn't to far off.
Dan McNeil
Bookworm

St. Clair River (2016/09/17)

Unread post by Bookworm »

We were blessed with gentle, and much-needed rain most of the day, but skies cleared in the afternoon.
Attachments
Tanker Esta Desgagnes moored at the Corunna fuel dock.
Tanker Esta Desgagnes moored at the Corunna fuel dock.
Esta Desgagnes' pilot house and stack.
Esta Desgagnes' pilot house and stack.
2016-09-17b E_Desgagnes.jpg (81.81 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
The saltie Resko (Bahamas) headed to Duluth.
The saltie Resko (Bahamas) headed to Duluth.
Resko, stern view.
Resko, stern view.
Pineglen was down-bound to Montreal in the late afternoon.
Pineglen was down-bound to Montreal in the late afternoon.
After photographing tanker Esta Desgagnes at the Corunna fuel dock in the afternoon, I was surprised to find her upstream after dark, at anchor in the middle of the river.
After photographing tanker Esta Desgagnes at the Corunna fuel dock in the afternoon, I was surprised to find her upstream after dark, at anchor in the middle of the river.
Lee A. Tregurtha crosses the beam of an awesome Harvest Moon as she heads up-bound to Marquette, in ballast.
Lee A. Tregurtha crosses the beam of an awesome Harvest Moon as she heads up-bound to Marquette, in ballast.