This week on the St. Clair River

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Bookworm

This week on the St. Clair River

Unread post by Bookworm »

Needed rain came -- in some cases too fast and furious for storm sewers to handle the flow. Seems that wouldn't be a problem for ships but, for several, yesterday's heavy rains made the Rouge River unsafe to transit and they had to go to anchor off Belle Isle until conditions improved this afternoon.
Attachments
Federal Kivalina coming off Lake Huron to continue her trip to Montreal.
Federal Kivalina coming off Lake Huron to continue her trip to Montreal.
Looking at her and knowing how up-to-date she is technically, it's hard to believe M/V Lee A. Tregurtha is 74 years old.  She's making another trip from Marquette to AK Steel.
Looking at her and knowing how up-to-date she is technically, it's hard to believe M/V Lee A. Tregurtha is 74 years old. She's making another trip from Marquette to AK Steel.
Saginaw, another classic ship, was up-bound to Thunder Bay.
Saginaw, another classic ship, was up-bound to Thunder Bay.
Thunder Bay before the heavy rains began.  My destination notes have disappeared, but I think she was going to Quebec City.
Thunder Bay before the heavy rains began. My destination notes have disappeared, but I think she was going to Quebec City.
Frontenac brightens an otherwise dreary day as she moves down-bound to Nanticoke.
Frontenac brightens an otherwise dreary day as she moves down-bound to Nanticoke.
Buffalo's frothy bow wake makes it look like she's eager to get to Silver Bay.
Buffalo's frothy bow wake makes it look like she's eager to get to Silver Bay.
American Century against a backdrop of early fall colors, in ballast for Duluth
American Century against a backdrop of early fall colors, in ballast for Duluth
Following close behind, Mesabi Miner glides up river, also headed to Duluth.
Following close behind, Mesabi Miner glides up river, also headed to Duluth.