Weather!

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
AZ MEL

Re: Weather!

Unread post by AZ MEL »

Our normal temperature here is 85, but we have been around 96 for 25 days this month. Still killing bark scorpions in the house. Ready for the 75 degree days and chilly nights so we don't have to worry about rattlesnakes, scorpions and spiders.I have caught scorpions hanging from the vents in the ceiling by a pincher. Its a little unnerving.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I've heard they are talking close to 70 here in the Metro Detroit area for Saturday and again on Tuesday next week. It would sure be something if we have a warm and mild November here and we have had it happen before. I seem to recall I think it was back in 2008 when I voted then, on Election Day that year I think it was close to 70 maybe even over that by a bit. Last word and that is that I can recall once I think in 2009, I was standing in Marysville on November 9 believe it or not in shorts and short sleeve which is unheard of for me and in November yet! They are also talking that this year's Halloween for us at least will be warm and mild as well compared to some of the past ones for the Detroit area at least.
Darryl

Unread post by Darryl »

A bit late in the year for 100 degrees even out there. In Phoenix around 1997 it hit 122 degrees. They had to shut down the airport for a couple hours because they weren't sure how to set the flaps for take off on the 737s and Airbuses. 70 in Minnesota today. The guys on the ore boats might not have too much ice to deal with this year; unless it changes drastically.
AZ MEL

Weather!

Unread post by AZ MEL »

100 degrees possible today in Buckeye, AZ. They say its a dry heat, but once it hits 100 its just hot!
I remember a saying we had when I was a deckhand on the lakes..."we hose the deck in January wearing only brass jockstraps!"

My cheeks would get so cold!!