Return to Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Great Lakes & Seaway Shipping Online
Discussion Boards
Please click to visit our sponsor
It is currently February 20, 2018, 2:22 am

FAQ | Instructions | Help
Search for:

Post subject: Re: Lions 2016
Unread postPosted: February 3, 2017, 11:41 pm 
Well in reading Mike's comments below, in 50 years that they have been playing the Super Bowl "There has Never ever yet been one that has gone into Overtime!" Could we possibly be looking at the first ever one this year? Gosh Darn It I sure hope so as I would love more than anything to see one go to OT while I am still young and able to watch the game LOL! There have been a few close ones that almost went to OT in the past and I am hoping that this one may be the first. I also hope that the commercials are well worth watching this year although I've heard that a few companies have pulled out of the running this year. Not 100%% sure of this but I thought I heard once that it is over 5m for a 30 second to about a 2 minute add for this year's game! Last word is I just hope also that the officiating will be good as well in this year's Super Bowl. During the Regular Season and Playoffs and you have to agree with me here folks surely, there have been some really bad and missed calls by the refs. Let's hope that they do it and get it right here!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: February 3, 2017, 9:49 pm 
Sorry to say Mike as I am No Way making any bets here on this game as the Super Bowl is just way too risky and unpredictable in my opinion. Take last year for instance as Denver beat Carolina but it was a very low scoring Super Bowl. Also remember a few years ago when Denver with Peyton Manning played the Seahawks and what happened? Denver got trounced by Seattle and they only scored 8 points and to think, Denver was supposed to have had one of the best and top offenses in the league then. Don't forget too about the 2007 Patriots team that finished the regular season at 16-0 and then went on the Super Bowl and then ended up they lost to the Giants! So, that's my point Mike as it is just way too risky in betting on this game. However, as much as I hate to say it the Patriots and Brady will probably end up beating the Falcons. Hate to see it happen as haven't we had enough of the Pats and Brady winning the Super Bowl? Let somebody else for a change win the thing as Atlanta has never won the Super Bowl and they only had one winning team the 1995 Braves win the World Series title.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: February 3, 2017, 7:29 pm 
Well Dan - I agree that New England will win the game BUT - at a 3 1/2 point spread it's sure to be exciting and not one to watch if you have a bad heart condition ! I think the game will go down to the last series and may even go into O.T. personally - I'm sitting this one out as far as placing a bet on the game. it's just to close to call.

On the lighter side of things - you may know that the folks who depend on the 15 mile road sewer line in Fraser - which is in disrepair - have been asked to take it a bit easy during half time and not all flush their toilets during the break at the same time !

Report this post

Unread postPosted: February 3, 2017, 1:56 pm 
My prediction is it will be a high scoring game with New England winning 42-34.
Dan McNeil

Report this post

Unread postPosted: January 30, 2017, 6:58 pm 
O K football fans - the big game is next Sunday and the New England team is favored by 3 1/2 points. who is going to place bets on this game ?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: January 27, 2017, 4:57 pm 
Went great DJD ! Both you and Mel are invited to watch the super bowl. you boys can bring the beer.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: January 27, 2017, 11:00 am 
Sure did Mel ! the final score of the January 1st game was GB 31 Lions 24. BTW - that 70 inch flat screen TV looks great !

Report this post

Unread postPosted: January 27, 2017, 6:18 am 
Hey Mike! How did that bet on GB go for you?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: January 26, 2017, 6:45 pm 
Ouch man, hope you didn't bet on the pack!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: December 29, 2016, 6:53 pm 
Just heard that GB is favored by 3 1/2 points. I'm taking back 'all' my Christmas presents, getting a second mortgage on my home and even getting the wife a second job to get enough cash to 'bet the ranch' on GB ! that new flat screen TV will sure look good in my 'man cave'.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: December 27, 2016, 4:58 pm 
should be a good game sunday go pack

Report this post

Unread postPosted: December 15, 2016, 10:57 am 
The Cincinnati Bengals have had similar problems in recent years. Their head coach, Marvin Lewis, has had the job since 2003, and has only been moderately successful (113-94-3, but 0-7 in the playoffs). However, after drafting QB Andy Dalton and WR A.J. Green, the team had two very successful offensive coordinators: Jay Gruden and Hue Jackson. They also had an excellent defensive coordinator: Mike Zimmer. Due to the Bengals' success, all three of these coaches were hired as head coaches (Gruden in Washington, Jackson in Cleveland, and Zimmer in Minnesota). But the Bengals have been stuck with Marvin Lewis running the show the entire time, when Gruden or Zimmer should have been promoted to head coach instead. Last season, the Bengals were arguably the most talented team in the AFC, yet they failed to advance in the playoffs after a 12-4 regular season. With Zimmer as the coach, I think they would have.

Caldwell strikes me as similar to Lewis: not a bad coach, but not a great coach. Somebody who will win just enough to keep the job (although unlike Lewis, he has taken a team to the Super Bowl). The Lions have to not make the mistake that the Bengals have, and promote Cooter or Austin to head coach before another team does (assuming they think either one is better for the job than Caldwell). Cooter will certainly be a hot name soon.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: December 14, 2016, 10:42 am 
I would be more concerned with Jim Bob Couter ( sp ? ) leaving the Lions. he has done a great job and would be in demand anywhere.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: December 13, 2016, 3:59 pm 
One thing to think about for anyone that has followed the Lions so far this season, their Defensive Coordinator Terry Austin I think is his name? Anyway, their DC Coach could be a possible coaching candidate next season for another NFL team as he is up there high on the list for possible coaches for the 2017 season. As always you will have plenty of coaches getting fired in the next few weeks to come as the Los Angeles Rams have already fired Jeff Fisher with like I said many more coaching firings to come. Lucky for the Lions they are safe this year as I would not want to be one of the guys walking on thin ice right now.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: December 12, 2016, 4:57 pm 
Stafford and his glove looked good as they made the run late in the 4th quarter to win the game for the Lions on Sunday.

Report this post