Lions 2016

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Denny

Lions 2016

Unread post by Denny »

I have decided to start a new thread here about the Lions as we got a bit sorry to say and I deeply apologize for that off subject when talking about the Lions on the Michigan and Michigan State thread. So, that is why I decided to start a new thread here on the Lions to not cause any confusion and get off subject. Anyway looks like the Lions are back to their old losing ways again as they lost at Houston today to the Texas 20-13. The Lions now are 4-4 and are in third place in the NFC North behind Green Bay which lost a real heartbreaker and close one to Atlanta 33-32. So, now the Lions have to play Minnesota twice within 18 days first on November 6 at Minnesota and again on Thanksgiving Day at Detroit. Minnesota is one of the best teams right now at 6-1 I think is their record and they play at Chicago on Halloween night. My money is on the Vikes to win that game and the Lions will have no chance and prayer next week at Minnesota and again at home on Turkey Day to the Vikes. Their schedule for December is brutal so check it out as I have their December schedule listed below with dates and games.

December 4 at New Orleans
December 11 Chicago (remember they lost at Chicago earlier)
December 18 at New York Giants (could be a tough game here?)
December 26 at Dallas (Monday Night, Dallas is really good)
January 1 Green Bay

So, there you have the Lions remaining schedule and before I forget they do play home to Jacksonville on November 20 after their bye week on November 13. The Minnesota games though are going to be brutal for them. Like I said on my posts on the MSU and Michigan game about the Lions, they need to find ways to win games and be more consistent especially with power and elite NFL teams such as Green Bay, Minnesota and Dallas for example as they have to dominate and beat them in every way and category. Take a look at how New England with Tom Brady and Belichick have dominated the Bills through the years and Yes they again beat Buffalo today badly 41-25 in Buffalo. Point is, New England has had Buffalo's number for years and Yes I also know that they lost to Buffalo 16-0 earlier but that was without Brady who was still serving his suspension then. The Lions need to dominate the Pack along with the Vikings and Dallas the way that New England does it to Buffalo and the Lions have to somehow find ways of winning their Division the NFC North. The Lions have yet to win the North as all three teams the Pack, Vikes and Bears have all at least once one this division but never the Lions since it went to the North.