2016 college football

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Mike

Re: 2016 college football

Unread post by Mike »

Well the experts have spoken - Ohio State is favored by 7 1/2 points over U of M. As I said in an earlier post - O S U by at least 6. U of M has lost all but 1 game in the last 10 years in this over-rated game. Psst .. that is the hot air from the Ann Arbor - harbaugh - air ship called 'disaster'.

As for M S U - Mark Dantonio has won 7 of the last 10 games against U of M. harbaugh is 1 for 2 when playing against M S U. And, just think -- all this for only 7 million per year -- what a joke !
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

U of M has had one of the easiest schedules in all of the 2016 football season. they have NOT covered the points spread in their games with Wisconsin, M S U and Indiana. that O'Korn kid looks like a 'ship wreck waiting to happen' at QB. yup- Ohio state has lost a lot of players to the NFL but, the game in Columbus is worth 6 points for O S U alone. Clemson, Washington, Bama and Wisconsin could beat either team with ' their second string players' right now ! everyone is saying that the game will be low scoring, boring and full of mistakes. stick a fork in U of M - they are done ! i suggest raking leafs will be more entertaining.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

In looking at the MSU Spartans schedule for the 2016 season and all of the games that they have lost this season and there sure has been plenty, I guess my nickname for the Spartans and Sparty are true to there words sorry to say for 2016 and that nickname and saying I use for them is "Choke State University" sorry to say for all you Spartans and Sparty fans out there.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

So U of M came away with an unimpressive victory on Saturday over Indiana you say huh? Okay while I admit that the 20-10 score and win may not have been a blowout and impressive, at least it was a win on Michigan's part and a win is a win no matter how you can get it and earn it! Ohio State was lucky that they got out of MSU with that win just barely on Saturday as the Spartans always generally play OSU tough. My brother tells me that the MSU coach should be fired for going on that 2 point try and that the QB for the Spartans is not very good either. As you said earlier in your post, next week will be interesting to see what QB Michigan has playing in the Ohio State game. My brother says that if they go with that O'Korn kid and he plays like he did in the win over Indiana, then Michigan will not have any chance. As far as U of M and OSU not belonging in the Top 5 standings, I think you will get a very strong argument from some of their fans on that issue. My brother tells me that Clemson has not had it so easy either this year as far as their schedule goes. Finally, are you kidding me as far as not seeing and watching the U of M vs Ohio State game for all of the marbles next Saturday and doing other things! C-mon just who do you think you're talking about as everyone will wanna watch that game and it will get a large audience with plenty of viewers in my opinion at least. Can't wait to see and watch. Go Blue beat OSU!
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

U of M came away from the Indiana game with a unimpressive win 20-10. hardly a blow-out as Indiana was a 28 point underdog in this game. if you took Indiana and the 28 points - you came away a winner in this game. their QB position remains a large question mark for next weeks game against Ohio State.

M S U lost a heart breaker in their game against Ohio State. everyone in the stands knew that number 3 ( running back Scott ) should be given the ball on their 2 point conversion except the coaching staff. yup - the coaches lost this game !

Bama, Clemson and Washington continue to blow out other teams and are the ONLY teams which should be in the top 5 standings. neither Ohio State nor U of M should be ranked higher than 10th because of their very soft schedule to date.

Western university continues to roll with a very impressive win over the Bills and they are the ONLY unbeaten team in the state. they make the Mac conference worth watching on national T V.

Next weeks game between Ohio state and U of M will struggle to draw a crowd. don't expect a large score as both teams are having trouble scoring points. if you have leaves to rank next Saturday - skip this game and get your chores done !
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well, I did not watch any of the games today as I spent the day watching my DVD videos of the Carl D. Bradley and remembering and honoring them today. However, I did see though that MSU barely lost to Ohio State today 14-13 I think the score was, while the Michigan Wolverines beat Indiana 20-10 at home. So now this sets the stage folks for what will be classic "Old School Football at the Horseshoe in Columbus next Saturday!" It is Michigan taking on Ohio State on the road with a trip to the Big 10 title game in the balance. So, let the fun begin and the trash talking begin but let's also remember to keep this topic and subject fun and interesting for anyone and all that read and posts here. Next week's game will surely have memories of the days of Woody and Bo and now this game could really heat up with a new rivalry of Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh. I am very much looking forward to watching this game next week and hoping for a good close game and also for Michigan to somehow pull out the victory. Go Blue beat Ohio State!
Don

Unread post by Don »

The question for M S U is - can Tyler O'Connor play another outstanding game like he did last year when they defeated Ohio State ? that was a key game on their way to the Big 10 championship last year.
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

M S U will be taking on Ohio state this weekend at East Lansing. this game could turn into a major game with regards to the Big 10 standings and will be high on my viewing list this weekend. meanwhile, U of M will be taking on Indiana ( I think ) this weekend and the weather will be a major factor in this game. Harbaugh will be looking for a new QB and this game should be interesting. Western is on a roll to set all-time records for Kzoo and the Mac will see a new winning records set. this will be a very interesting weekend !

Unread post by Guest »

With a tight end by the name of Butt - you know U of M must be making history !
ed

Unread post by ed »

With a 10 and 0 record for the 2016 football season, the Western University Bronco's are the ONLY undefeated Michigan college football team this year. P J Fleck has the Bronco's hitting on all cylinders in Kalamazoo and their November 19th game at 3:30 pm will be televised live by ESPN. They hold the 14th spot in this weeks A P poll, much better than a lot of Big 10 schools! Go Bronco's .
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Bad news for Michigan fans if you have not heard the news though already as I just got it on my Ipad earlier. Wilson Speight is now out indefinitely with a broken collarbone suffered obviously in the loss to Iowa on Saturday night. Not sure but the new QB I think his name is O'Korn or something like that? Surely somebody will know who it is I am talking about I hope. Anyway, O'Korn will now be the starting QB the rest of the season for Michigan and I don't know anything about him as far as what class he is and if he throws it left or right handed? Don't even know if the kid has ever played or started at Michigan and how good and accurate of a player and a passer he is? Definitely not good news today if you are a Michigan fan as the season may have just went down the drain with that bad news. What a shame too as they were doing so well this year and then the devastating loss at Iowa on top of that. Hopefully UM can find some way of coming back and beating Indiana along with Ohio State as well. Cross our fingers Michigan fans and hope and pray!
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Well many people said and predicted that Michigan's game against Iowa would be a hard fought, tough and physical game and sure as heck they were right. However for anyone that watched that game, Michigan came unprepared and they were not ready and had a few penalties many that were stupid on their part. Their QB Speight was not himself in that game either. If I were Michigan right now, I might be a little concerned here now with Indiana coming to UM and playing the Wolverines before the big one down in Ohio State. Don't count out Indiana as this could be a tough and tight game for Michigan as well. The Ohio State vs Michigan game is really going to be something this year! MSU plays the Buckeyes at home this weekend and then travel to Penn State. Keep in mind also that Penn State beat the Buckeyes and hold the tie-breaker over them in the College Football Playoffs. Penn State could still wind up in the Big 10 Title Game believe it or not! I was shocked though to see that the ranked teams 2-4 all got upset and beat on the same day mainly Michigan, Clemson and Washington. My brother tells me and predicts "Alabama may end up winning it all as there just doesn't appear to be anybody out there good enough to stop them this season!" He thought that Michigan might have a small chance at least until they lost to Iowa. You just never know though?
Mike

2016 college football

Unread post by Mike »

I want to start this new thread for the fans of college football. i know that many folks enjoy watching this sport and like to add a comment or two along the way. yesterday ( 11/12/'16 ) was week 11. so football fans - here is a new thread for your thoughts.