Super Bowl 51

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Mike

Re: Super Bowl 51

Unread post by Mike »

I have been lucky enough to have watched all 51 Super Bowls and I must say that this game will be ranked number 1 - as being the most exciting ! 25 unanswered points by the Pats in the second half and two back to back touch downs with two back to back 2 point conversions to tie the game at 28 and force OT will be a record which will stand in the record books for a very - very long time. the Falcons did not stand a chance in OT ! they were shell shocked as their owner stood by the side lines and watch victory vanish into the thin air. the camera never focused on him again in OT as the Pats completed pass after pass in OT marching down the field to win the game with a short two yard run into the end zone to win the game. the Pats celebrated their victory and the Falcons looked at each other as if to say - " what just happened' ?

Well, football season is over and I'd like to know if there is any interest in starting a hockey thread while we wait for spring to arrive. our Canadian friends may be interested in joining in as I understand that they enjoy the game just as much as we do here in the U S.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Mike, I enjoyed every minute of the second half as the Patriots and Brady sure made it fun and interesting for everyone that watched. I texted my brothers and told them "At 28-3 or whatever the score was at the half, just wondered how many at that point turned it off and gave up on Brady and the Pats?" At first my brothers texted me and said "The way the Falcons were beating the Pats have to wonder how many were at first crying their eyes out in Vegas in the beginning?" Anyway Mike, that's why I never place bets on the Super Bowl or make predictions as it is just too unpredictable as you just never know what can happen? I will say that it was by far IMO the best Super Bowl ever and by far the greatest comeback by a team in SB history. What will be interesting is if the Patriots and Brady can go back and do it again next year? Ironically they were the last team to win it back to back in the early 2000s. There has never been a team to win 3 Super Bowls in a row. Only one other team I think, the Steelers have won 6 Super Bowl titles so if the Pats can go back and win next year then they will match that one. Last word on this here is the NFL made a major error and mistake this week when they announced that the Pats and Raiders would meet in Mexico next season. The NFL "Had better make a major change and have that game in Foxborough as the Pats should open up at home against the Raiders and Not in Mexico!" That will cheat both the Pats and Raiders out of a home game and two years in a row that the Raiders have played in Mexico. This is by far a joke!
Mike

Unread post by Mike »

Well football fans - just as I predicted - this game went down to the final series and on into OT ! we watched a very exciting game and not one to watch if you had a weak heart. the feathers came off the Falcon's and they turned into a nice dish of crow in OT !

Denny wrote --
Well in reading Mike's comments below, in 50 years that they have been playing the Super Bowl "There has Never ever yet been one that has gone into Overtime.

I'd like to know how everyone enjoyed the game ?

Unread post by Guest »

I was born in Michigan, I was raised in Michigan, I am a University of Michigan graduate, and I will be rooting for Atlanta. As much as the other UM grads love Brady I don't :) all in good fun I can't root for a quarterback who deflates balls so he doesn't break a nail.
Denny

Super Bowl 51

Unread post by Denny »

I am starting a new thread here on today's Super Bowl 51 game as we sort of got off-track on the subject as many people ended up by posting their Super Bowl thoughts and comments about the game on the Lions 2016 thread instead. Well lots of history riding for the Patriots in this game. Tom Brady could end up by having the most SB victories by a QB 5 of them and passing up the legends of Bradshaw and Montana who each have four wins in their bank. The Patriots could be the fourth team in SB history to win 5 titles with the others being the Steelers, Cowboys and the 49ers. Not sure how many SB MVP awards Brady has won but he surely will have a record there if he doesn't already that is if the Pats win tonight. Also, coach Belichick could be the winningest coach in the SB if the Patriots win also. Now, on the Falcons side this is their second trip to the SB and they've never won it and the only title the city of Atlanta has ever won was in 1995 when the Braves won the World Series. Also and how would this sound if the Falcons win tonight, they will move next year into a brand new Dome Stadium at a whopping price tag of $1.5 billion and they could even christen their new home as the World Champions as well. To me that would sound amazing and exciting and I hope to see it happen. The Pats and Brady have won enough SB Titles and I want to see somebody else win it for a change. Also hoping that this SB goes to OT but probably won't as we've never had one yet go to OT although we've had some close Super Bowls in the past. Enjoy the game all!