Calcite line-up for May 12, 2017

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Bookworm

Re: Calcite line-up for May 12, 2017

Unread post by Bookworm »

Our faith and the love and prayers of others is what keeps Mike and me going. Bless you!
garbear

Unread post by garbear »

I pray for you and your son.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Bookworm so sorry to hear that news about your son Michael as that must be horrible and I can't even begin to think and imagine what you and your son are going through right now. Please know that you and your son will definitely be in all of our thoughts and prayers this Mother's Day and everyday as well. May you also find comfort and peace with your travels to your visits whereever they may take you and know that God is looking down on you and your son and he is taking care of him and we all know have faith that he does indeed have a plan for all of us. God Bless you bookworm and your son Michael and keep the faith and know that you have many friends here as well. Please keep the photos coming when you can and also please let us know anytime how things are going with you.
Bookworm

I just had to go back today. Would have stayed the night if circumstances had allowed. Then I could have seen these two come up the channel and slip into their docks. Again, I had to leave before either of them had finished loading, but this time it was because it appeared fog was moving in from the lake.
A few Boatnerds know that six weeks after I moved inland from the St. Clair River, my son, Michael, was diagnosed with stage 4 small cell lung cancer. This (according to medical wisdom) is not curable, so both his life and mine are very uncertain for the next few months. I am thankful to have a port (and Lake Huron lighthouses) within driving distance, where I can escape for a few hours of normalcy.
Attachments
Love the stern reflections of these two freighters.
Love the stern reflections of these two freighters.
Bookworm

Duluthian wrote:
Bookworm wrote:A very busy day at the Calcite dock. Harbor View is open and that makes all the difference in getting good photographs of the ships!
Great photos, bookworm! I think the second photo is mislabeled as the Clarke instead of the Munson, however.
Oops! And I was trying to be so careful to keep them straight! Thanks for pointing the mislabeling out. They are quite different with their boom placement.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

I second your comments Duluthian and also agree with you there as well. Indeed great photos Bookworm and thanks for sharing and posting them for us to see. Sure do envy you as you are able to still get around and see some ship and boat traffic even if you are not out along the St. Clair River. I've still yet to get started so far this year and now I've got and sorry to go off subject on this but now I have my Mom suffering with serious health issues right now and it may be a long time before I can make it back out on to the river and see the traffic. No pun intended but, anytime I see any photos from people I just envy them as I wish I could too be out there shooting the photos and seeing the ship traffic. Well maybe someday I will get back out there in time. Keep my fingers crossed!
Duluthian

Unread post by Duluthian »

Bookworm wrote:A very busy day at the Calcite dock. Harbor View is open and that makes all the difference in getting good photographs of the ships!
Great photos, bookworm! I think the second photo is mislabeled as the Clarke instead of the Munson, however.
Bookworm

Calcite line-up for May 12, 2017

A very busy day at the Calcite dock. Harbor View is open and that makes all the difference in getting good photographs of the ships!
Attachments
American Spirit loading at Calcite.
American Spirit loading at Calcite.
Philip R. Clarke waiting for American Spirit to finish loading.
Philip R. Clarke waiting for American Spirit to finish loading.
LAT coming up from Toledo passes behind Clarke before going to anchor.
LAT coming up from Toledo passes behind Clarke before going to anchor.
Stern to rear pilot house view of the Clarke.
Stern to rear pilot house view of the Clarke.
Profile of John G. Munson.
Profile of John G. Munson.
She anchored beyond the Munson.
She anchored beyond the Munson.