Denny, please contact me

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
Dan McNeil

Re: Denny, please contact me

Unread post by Dan McNeil »

Bookworm wrote:
St Crapo wrote:Hey Bookworm,
Sorry i haven't said anything sooner but I've been super busy but i just wanted to let you know that you and you're son and family are in my wife and my prayers. We can't even amagin what you are going threw. Hopefully that 72hr patch helps releave his pain. I'm also on one that's Fentanyl and it's help my pain tremendously. I have alot of health issues from blood clots, seizures, heart and a few others and im only 34. Hang in there and keep fighting. God works in mysterious ways and Drs arn't always totally accurate all the time. Enjoy every moment you have with your son and make the most of everyday as im sure you do. Everything happens for a reason.
I will stay in touch and keep sending warm thoughts you're way.
Take care and god bless.
Dan McNeil
Dan, I admire your courage. Life can be so difficult, especially when one as young as you has serious, ongoing health issues. Anyone with a capable mind but who is in a body that refuses to cooperate (I think of scientist Steven Hawking) has a great challenge to be and do more than the rest of the world might expect, and when they do, I consider them to be true heroes.
The Fetenyl patch didn't work for Mike, so he's back on an oral Rx.
Thank you so much for the kind words Bookworm. I greatly appreciate it. Yes it's been a huge struggle with all the health issues I've had/haveing but i think of it this way. God doesn't give you obstacles that you can't handle and everything happens for a reason. I just am thankfull to have such a loveing wife by my side who won't let me give up even on days that are just darn right horrible and painfull. We will be married 7yrs on August 26 which also is the day i turn 35 as well. (I can never forget our Anniversary with it being on my birthday:) ). We had about 8 good months being married before i got sick and started with all my physical health issues. I have to take around 9 diffrent kinds of medicine a day plus 2 shots in the stomach twice a day as well as the Fentanyl Patch every 3 days. Thankfully i have good health insurance with small copays for my medications or id be in a world of trouble. Sure i miss being able to take long trips outta town but am thankfull that i can take 2. I pay for it for a week or so upon returning but it's better then nothing at all and im very thankfull for that. I do miss chaseing the boats but as I've said i greatly appreciate great people here who post there photos for us to enjoy
Im very sorry the patch didn't work for Mike. Hang in there and just take it a day at a time and cherish the time he has. We pray for him and you everyday. I also have to take a strong oral pain medication as needed for when i have extreme flair up pain..Stay positive and stay strong. We will continue too keep him and you in our prayers and thanks again for all ur wonderful photos.
God Bless.
Dan McNeil
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Hi Bookworm, Yes you are correct as I do own a Paul R. Tregurtha green jacket that I wear mostly in the Spring, Fall and Winter time. There is a black one I have as well of her but, don't wear that as much because the material is thicker and it gets too warm at times if I wear it. So bottom line is Yes, I own and wear a Green colored one of her. Sorry to say my memory isn't as good as it used to be these days so I can't say for sure if I met you or seen you in person with your Lee A. Tregurtha jacket or not? I'm sure at some point we met one another out along the St. Clair River. Hope you are doing well.
Bookworm

Unread post by Bookworm »

Denny,
You are the proud owner of a Paul R. Tregurtha crew jacket, right?
Well, do you recall meeting an older woman proudly wearing her Lee A. Tregurtha crew jacket, maybe 5 years ago, at Marysville, in the boat launch parking & viewing area? If so, we met unofficially that afternoon.
Bookworm

St Crapo wrote:Hey Bookworm,
Sorry i haven't said anything sooner but I've been super busy but i just wanted to let you know that you and you're son and family are in my wife and my prayers. We can't even amagin what you are going threw. Hopefully that 72hr patch helps releave his pain. I'm also on one that's Fentanyl and it's help my pain tremendously. I have alot of health issues from blood clots, seizures, heart and a few others and im only 34. Hang in there and keep fighting. God works in mysterious ways and Drs arn't always totally accurate all the time. Enjoy every moment you have with your son and make the most of everyday as im sure you do. Everything happens for a reason.
Take care and god bless.
Dan McNeil
Dan, I admire your courage. Life can be so difficult, especially when one as young as you has serious, ongoing health issues. Anyone with a capable mind but who is in a body that refuses to cooperate (I think of scientist Steven Hawking) has a great challenge to be and do more than the rest of the world might expect, and when they do, I consider them to be true heroes.
The Fetenyl patch didn't work for Mike, so he's back on an oral Rx.
St Crapo

Unread post by St Crapo »

Hey Bookworm,
Sorry i haven't said anything sooner but I've been super busy but i just wanted to let you know that you and you're son and family are in my wife and my prayers. We can't even amagin what you are going threw. Hopefully that 72hr patch helps releave his pain. I'm also on one that's Fentanyl and it's help my pain tremendously. I have alot of health issues from blood clots, seizures, heart and a few others and im only 34. Hang in there and keep fighting. God works in mysterious ways and Drs arn't always totally accurate all the time. Enjpy every moment you have with your son and make the most of everyday as im sure you do. Everything happens for a reason.
I'm so glad your still able to see the boats at a different vantage point. I've really enjoyed you're photos and always look forward to seeing you're new photos.
Take care and god bless.
Dan McNeil
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Hi Bookworm and thanks for those nice and wonderful comments you said as I appreciate them very much. You are always welcome as far as the comments and good and great things that I say about you and your family as well. Thanks as well for keeping me and my family in your thoughts and prayers as I will need them now more than ever! Just find out this morning that my Mom is now Finally scheduled to have her back surgery done later this month. She was due to have it done in late April but, due to other health related issues and problems it was postponed until she could get things back and under control. She has been having pain her back now since late September and has been hospitalized for other issues now about 7-8 times since it first started in mid-November and it has sure been busy and crazy for my family and I the past year as you might expect! I try to stay strong but, it is not easy at times as you well know I am sure. What I wouldn't give to be where you are at as far as being able to go and travel and shoot picture of a few ships and lighthouses. This past two years including this year has been the absolute worst two years I've ever experienced out there. I just keep hoping and praying for better days and years to come but, not getting any younger either as I am in my 40s now but I have also been plagued by health issues. Trying to keep the faith! Sorry to make this long and off subject. God Bless you Bookworm.
Bookworm

Denny, I just wanted to thank you for your kind words in recent postings and to tell you that you and your family are also in my prayers. I can identify with the stresses and time constraints you are dealing with.
If Dan M. reads this, I've not forgotten you, either.
As for my son, the community held a very delightful and successful music benefit concert last week. He is strong and mentally capable, but the pain remains constant. However, the medication will be delivered in a 72-hour patch, starting tomorrow.
Denny

Unread post by Denny »

Sorry Bookworm as the next two weeks I am booked up solid on my schedule and will not be able to contact you or send Email to you. Things are getting very crazy and busy with me along with my schedule as I got lots of important appointments to attend along with doctor visits as well. Right now I cannot say when I will get a break on my schedule and time? If I can help you out though I will try to answer any questions you have here on the Discussion Board but again, as far as contact by Email I am afraid that will not be for a while yet. Wish that I could do more and help you out more here.