Port Huron cam

Open forum for regional discussion. (extension of the Information Search page for off topic & personal discussion)
ashland69

Re: Port Huron cam

Unread post by ashland69 »

There's a plastic or glass shield of some sort in front of the camera lens and it's what's distorting the image. I've sent Acheson Ventures an email expressing this possibility; however, I've received no reply, as yet. Until the matter is corrected, I believe the image will remain out-of-focus and the Port Huron river cam will be somewhat of a disappointment!
ashland69

The camera is run by Acheson Ventures. Do a search thru Google or something and you'll find their webpage. I emailed them and they said they were going to look into the matter. Since then, I suspect that the issue might be that there's a plastic or glass shield in front of the camera to protect it front the weather and that's causing a distortion or blurring of the image we see. I'm going to email them and mention that possibility.
Eric52

Unread post by Eric52 »

I am finding the same thing. Sorry but I don't know any other way to contact the operator
ashland69

Port Huron cam

I'm finding that the camera at Port Huron is always out-of-focus. Am I the only one having difficulty with the Port Huron cam or is this a common experience? I've tried to contact Acheson Ventures - the people who apparently run the cam - but emails do not seem get through to the appropriate people. Does anyone know how to get someone to adjust the camera?